(Closed) Frontend Developer
Gimbl is a platform to empower the eSports community. Our ultimate goal is to establish Gimbl as the main platform for esports communities by bringing blockchain and esports together
Our tools are designed to empower Streamers so they can reach their full potential. Streamers drive the audience so we have designed our product to fill their needs. Through streamers, we are building a new decentralized influencer social model.
During streams, from independent streamers or during competitions, the Gimbl platform will grant access to several features that will create a fun and engaging experience both for the streamers and their viewers. Through a variety of interactions, the viewers will be able to take part in :
- Pari-mutuel betting (user against user)
As a front-end developer, you will oversee the development of a consumer-facing project. The ideal candidate is first and foremost passionate about user experience but also excited to help set-up a front-end tech stack that can be used across the wider ecosystem.
Prior experience with startups and working with agile, cross-functional teams is a plus. In-depth knowledge about Ethereum is not required, but candidates should generally be interested in the technologies poised to transform the way we live and be open to learning deeply about blockchain topics.
What you will be doing:
- Using React JS and Native to turn wireframes and visual designs into compelling production user experiences. Strong working knowledge developing cross platform/browser compatibility
- Familiarity with web standards and best practices for fast load times and accessibility
- General knowledge of SEO and marketing analytics best practices
- Writing clean, standards-compliant, scalable, reusable, quality code
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
What we need you to have:
- Experience with web3.js or ethjs is a huge plus.
- Great interpersonal skills and a willingness to go above and beyond when collaborating with designers, marketers and other engineers
- Strong design focus with commanding grasp of HTML, CSS, and related web technologies
- Basic knowledge of relational and non-relational data stores like MySQL, MongoDB, etc.
- Comfortable prototyping ideas and iterating them based on user feedback
- Passion for writing tests to ensure delivering high-quality user experiences
- Strong visual and aesthetic sense – a portfolio of past projects is a plus
And here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization:
- The forefront of a revolution. We fundamentally believe that the next generation of technologies presents the opportunity to create a more just and equitable society.
- A dynamic start-up environment.
- Continuous learning. You’ll be constantly exposed to new languages, frameworks, and ideas from your peers and as you work on different projects -- challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
- Deep technical challenges. This entire ecosystem is less than 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much work to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users.
- Revolutionize the eSports market, meet with high-rank streamers and players.