To strengthen our programming team, we are looking for a Tools Programmer based in Zürich, Switzerland.
Directly reporting to the core tech lead, your main responsibilities will be the development and improvement of our internal software tools and processes. In close coordination with other teams and based on their individual needs, you will develop new solutions and tools, as well as improving and maintaining existing ones.
While the coordination with others and the definition of concepts is an important part of this role, you will still be actively programming for about 80% of the time.
What qualification and skills do we expect from you?
- You should be a software engineer (Bachelor required, Master’s degree a plus) with strong IT knowledge in general
- You have significant experience (at least 3 years) as a tools programmer or as a software engineer in general
- Very strong C++ knowledge is indispensable for this role
- Strong focus on usability and workflows is required
- You are a passionate gamer and have a strong interest in the industry
- Good interpersonal skills are vital in order to examine and understand the needs of the users
- Very good English knowledge is required
What would be a plus?
- Experience in the gaming industry is a big plus
- GUI design and LUA experience would be an asset
What do we offer?
- Variety: A challenging job and exciting projects with plenty of room for creativity and innovative ideas
- Work-life balance: Flexible working hours
Great working atmosphere: Flat hierarchies and everyone at eye level
- Personal development: Individual opportunities for professional advancement, tailored to your needs and wishes
- Modern workplace: Office in a top location with good public transport connections
- Extras: Drinks, snacks and fruit are of course free in our company
GIANTS Software is one of the most successful game developers in Europe, with offices in Zürich, Switzerland, Erlangen, Germany, Brno, Czech Republic and Chicago, USA. It is well known for its “Farming Simulator” series, a worldwide best-selling game and real-time simulation, for many years.