Head of Video
A little bit about us...
GGRecon is an esports media company with a mission to become the leading destination for gamers and die-hard esports enthusiasts through useful, credible, and entertaining content that inspires and educates fans about the world of esports.
We are a fun, young team looking for a passionate, enthusiastic, and innovative individual to accelerate our rapid growth.
A little bit about the role...
We are looking for a Head of Video, with a passion for esports and gaming, to lead our established video teams. The role is open to being remote from within the UK, but needs to be travel distance for the occasional days in the office, or working full-time from within our HQ in the heart of the Manchester City Centre, depending on the successful candidate’s preferences.
As the Head of Video you will work with the founders of GGRecon, alongside the senior management team, to continuously optimise and enhance the video content strategy. This will include organising the commissions, scheduling, and publishing of our esports and gaming video content across YouTube, and our other social media platforms, as well as managing the video team.
The ideal candidate will be highly-organised, with a strategic mindset and strong leadership/communication skills, as well as a background of video production and management experience.
What you’ll be doing…
- Work with the founders and senior management team to optimise and align the video content strategy across all channels of the business to lead us to producing award-winning content
- Ensure all channels, including YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter contain high quality consistent video content
- Assist the Head of Partnerships to define and deliver best in class creative solutions, that exceed any goals set by our partners
- Contribute with identifying potential commercial partnerships, alongside our Head of Partnerships, that will augment our fans and communities experience when viewing our video content
- Provide guidance and oversight to ensure that all videos and broadcasts are being produced to the highest possible quality
- Work with the Editorial team to produce high quality documentary form concepts, ensuring a long term roadmap is in place, whilst working with freelancer scriptwriters to create industry leading scripts
- Always look for new creative concepts, with a desire to innovate and become a leading force within the esports ecosystem
- Constantly analyse and dive into the multi-platform analytical tools across all video content to ensure data driven consistent growth
- Create weekly storyboards and content calendars to ensure video content is produced alongside a consistent schedule. This includes analysing the best times for the content, and adapting where necessary
- Use our in house SEO tools and work with the SEO Manager to optimise all content, to provide organic growth
- Work with the founders to produce a leading outreach strategy allowing our high quality content to be seen by as many fans as possible D, working with the editorial and social teams to provide outreach guidance
- Ensure GGRecon is globally recognised as a leader in esports video content
- Experience as a senior member of a video team, or preferably managing a video team
- Experience creating and adapting a video content strategy
- Experience in a video editing role
- A passion for esports and gaming
- Excellent communication, oral, and written skills
- Expertise with Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- High levels of energy, passion, creativity, and enthusiasm
- Openly able to travel, such as attending events for the business
- Be flexible with working hours, with occasions requiring coverage on weekends and evenings whenever required
- Ability to work to assigned deadlines
GGRecon is an equal opportunities' employer. We are determined to create a diverse group at all levels of our company, and we welcome all members of the community to apply for openings with us.
Are you interested?
Please send an email including an introduction, CV, and why you’ll be a great candidate by clicking the ‘apply for this position’ button.
If you have any further questions, please send them directly to the same address.