Full Stack Developer
A little bit about us…
We’re an esports media business with the aim to become the leading destination for gamers and die-hard esports enthusiasts through useful, credible, and entertaining content that inspires and educates fans about the world of esports.
We’re a fun, young team looking for passionate, enthusiastic, and innovative individuals to add value to our rapidly growing business.
A little bit about the role…
This is an opportunity to be in at the start of something new and exciting and grow with the company.
We’re looking for an experienced developer to help our 3rd party agency team build a new innovative website & platform. This role will take the reins and full ownership of the maintenance, future optimisations and developments of the platform and work on future sub-brands we intend to build off the back of our platform.
The role will be independent initially, however, there will be scope in the future to expand the team as the company grows, which makes this role even more exciting, to join at the start.
What you’ll be doing…
- Working with a 3rd party agency initially to build a new custom platform for GGRecon and its sub-brands to reside on
- Independently managing the full maintenance and support of the new platform post-migration
- Contributing to the plans of building out a development team to service GGRecon and its future sub brands
- Building and planning full applications from start to finish
- Taking the newly created platform and enhancing for future business needs
- Making updates to existing features or troubleshooting issues, ensuring they are delivered on time with the correct approach and to the standards defined by the development leads from the 3rd party agency
- Work on a tech stack including some of the latest design patterns and tools including SQL, caching services, messaging services, Web API, Umbraco
- Be comfortable working on Umbraco implementations (Currently using 8.x), including building custom property editors, grid editors (using Angular)
- You’ll have existing Umbraco, .NET (Framework and Core) with C# development experience working on commercial systems
- Awareness of design patterns and principles and be hungry to learn!
- Good grounding in C# OOP programming
- A keen attention to detail is a must for thorough testing of your work
- Experience of building Web Services, WebAPI
- Some database experience, schema design and SQL with SQLServer
- Experience of Unit and functional testing
- Source Control, must be confident using Git for all roles
- Experience working in an Agile or Kanban environment
- Knowledge of software and application design and architecture is an advantage
- An excellent communicator, both verbal and written
- Hard working and willing to go above and beyond learning new skills
- Love working as part of a team and collaborating with others
- An interest in troubleshooting and problem solving
Are you interested?
Please send an email including an introduction, CV and why you’ll be a great candidate below.