Full Stack Developer
A little bit about us…
GGRecon is an esports media company with a mission to become the leading destination for gamers and die-hard esports enthusiasts through useful, credible, and entertaining content that inspires and educates fans about the world of esports.
We are a fun, young team looking for a passionate, enthusiastic, and innovative individual to accelerate our rapid growth.
A little bit about the role…
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer, with a passion for gaming. The role is open to being remote from within the UK, with the option to travel into our office, or working full-time from within our HQ in the heart of the Manchester City Centre, depending on the successful candidate’s preferences.
As a Full Stack Developer you will work with the Head of Operations to continuously optimise and enhance the website.. You will be a key factor in contributing to our development roadmap.
What you’ll be doing…
- Independently managing the full maintenance and support of the our platform
- Contributing to the plans of building out a development team to service GGRecon and its future sub brands
- Building and planning full applications from start to finish
- Taking the existing platform and enhancing for future business needs
- Making updates to existing features or troubleshooting issues, ensuring they are delivered on time with the correct approach and to standard
- Work on a tech stack including some of the latest design patterns and tools including SQL, caching services, messaging services, Web API, Umbraco
- Be comfortable working on Umbraco implementations (Currently using 8.13.0), including building custom property editors, grid editors (using Angular)
- You’ll have existing Umbraco, .NET (Framework and Core) with C# development experience working on commercial systems
- Awareness of design patterns and principles and be hungry to learn
- Good grounding in C# OOP programming
- A keen attention to detail is a must for thorough testing of your work
- Experience of building Web Services, WebAPI
- Some database experience, schema design and SQL with SQLServer
- Experience of Unit and functional testing
- Source Control, must be confident using Git for all roles
- Experience working in an Agile or Kanban environment
- Knowledge of software and application design and architecture is an advantage
- An excellent communicator, both verbal and written
- Hard working and willing to go above and beyond learning new skills
- Love working as part of a team and collaborating with others
- An interest in troubleshooting and problem solving
- Preferably a knowledge of Azure and its uses
Are you interested?
Please send an email including an introduction, CV and why you’ll be a great candidate below.