(Closed) Content Writer
A little bit about us…
We’re a brand new Esports media business with a long-term strategy and an aim to become the world’s leading company to provide education, information and entertainment across every esport to worldwide gaming fans.
We’re a fun, young team looking for passionate, enthusiastic and innovative individuals to add value to our rapidly growing business.
A little bit about the role…
This is an opportunity to be in at the start of something new and exciting and grow with the company.
We are looking for 2 creative and experienced Content Writers with a passion for esports & gaming to produce content across multiple channels of the business based out of our office in the Manchester city centre.
The role will be responsible for researching, compiling and writing content and will therefore require impeccable grammar skills and attention to detail. The writer will have a vast knowledge of esports and gaming and its communities and will find and develop industry leading news, feature and interview pieces.
There’s also the opportunity to progress into senior writing and editorial positions.
What you’ll be doing…
- Researching interesting and relevant stories relating to esports and gaming to report on.
- Providing a global coverage of big esports and gaming news.
- Working closely with the editorial and social team to producing multi-channel pieces of content.
- Building a pipeline of feature pieces, including how-to’s and opinions, to work on when possible.
- Represent GGRecon at various events and shows.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a writing-based role within the Esports and/or gaming industry.
- A general knowledge of SEO.
- Passion for writing, esports and gaming in general.
- Excellent communication, oral and written skills.
- A general knowledge of the Esports media publishing rules and regulations.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision but also able to work well within a team.
- High levels of energy, passion, creativity, and enthusiasm.
- Openly able to travel, such as attending events for the business.
- Be flexible with working hours and potentially to provide coverage on weekends and evenings whenever the Esports calendar requires.
- Ability to work to assigned deadlines.
Knowledge of some of the following titles in an esports and gaming capacity:
- Rocket League
- Counter Strike
- Call of Duty
- League of Legends
GGRecon is an equal opportunities employer. We are determined to create a diverse group at all levels of our company and we welcome all members of the community to apply for openings with us.
Are you interested?
Please send an email including an introduction, CV and why you’ll be a great candidate by clicking the ‘apply for this position’ button.
Also, please attach previous writing examples with past publications.
Also, if you have any further questions, please send them directly to [email protected]