Weekend Editor - Sports & Gaming
Company and Role Introduction
We are Gfinity. A leading international Esports business created by gamers for the world’s 2.2bn gamers! We believe in the power of gaming to entertain and inspire a new generation.
We are looking for a Weekend Editor to join our team, work on our RealSport101 website and help us write and maintain newsworthy/news/feature sports and gaming led content.
Ideally, you are someone who lives and breathes sports and gaming, already follows RS101 and are eager to help us grow and move to the next level. Due to our continuous growth, we would like you to be quite flexible, able to spot opportunities and create great news stories.
You will work closely with the experienced in-house team and the Editor In Chief to execute on the content strategy and ensure that the platform, as well as its social channels, flourish at the weekends. Our editorial team consists of a hard-working team of SEO driven writers with knowledge spanning dozens of games from FIFA and Madden to Genshin Impact, as well as a sports line of content around upcoming fixtures and tournaments.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Working with the Editor-in-Chief to develop and drive the content strategy
- Generating original story ideas around new/current topics RealSport101 covers
- Writing SEO led news content
- Work to ensure relevant ‘editorial management’ documents kept up to date (spreadsheet management)
- Performing other tasks across the brand's digital platforms and events programme where necessary
Essential Skills & Requirements
- Excellent knowledge of SEO and how to spot an angle for a gaming story
- Excellent written and verbal communication - experience writing about sports and games is a must
- Able to work fast and efficiently - reacting quickly to changes and breaking developments
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- A people person! Communication is key working remote - candidate must be able to keep comms up and give/take directions well
- Weekend availability, particularly around 4-8pm UK, with the preferred time slot being 1-8pm UK
- FIFA knowledge is essential to cover regular Ultimate Team content
We are striving to create a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage all applicants to apply for our roles and not for a moment think that anything will make us discriminate against them. We value and actively seek diverse talent!
Location: Remote based