(Closed) Weekend Editor (RealSport101)
Company and Role Introduction
We are Gfinity. A leading international esports business created by gamers for the world’s 2.2bn gamers! We believe in the power of gaming to entertain and inspire a new generation.
We are looking for a new UK-based Weekend Editor to join our RealSport 101 team, helping us write news/guide/review/feature gaming led content, take advantage of social channels, and help deliver on the platform's content strategy. The role would start at two days a week, leading our weekend coverage, with the potential for more week-day work in the near future.
Ideally, you are someone who lives and breathes gaming, already follows RealSport and are eager to help us grow and move to the next level. Due to our continuous growth, we would like you to be quite flexible, able to spot opportunities and create great news stories!
You will work closely with the experienced in-house team, with a focus on non-sports titles, but it'd be great (not vital) if you have some knowledge of FIFA and specifically Ultimate Team. Our editorial team consists of a hard-working team of SEO driven writers with knowledge spanning dozens of games from FIFA to Genshin Impact, Call of Duty, and the ‘nichest’ of indie games!
Goes without saying, you are passionate about the gaming industry and you will teach us a thing or two too while adding value to our existing team.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Working with the Senior Editor to develop and deliver the content strategy
- Working with the editorial team daily to make sure all relevant news/stories are being covered and optimised
- Generating original story ideas around new/current games RealSport101 covers
- Writing SEO led news/guide content daily
- Work to ensure relevant ‘editorial management’ documents kept up to date (spreadsheet management)
- Performing other tasks across the brand's digital platforms and events programme where necessary
Essential Skills & Requirements
- Knowledge of SEO and keen to undertake upskill sessions on the subject
- Knowing how to spot an angle for a gaming story
- Excellent written and verbal communication - experience writing about games is a must
- Able to work fast and efficiently - reacting quickly to changes and breaking developments
- Broad knowledge of the entire gaming industry is a bonus (able to cover news even if not overly familiar with that game)
- A popular game or franchise you possess an expert knowledge of
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- A people person! Communication is key working remote - candidate must be able to keep comms up and give/take directions well
- Able to be fully flexible with working hours to cover news shifts where needed
We are striving to create a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage all applicants to apply for our roles and not for a moment think that anything will make us discriminate against them. We value and actively seek diverse talent!
Location: Remote based