(Closed) SEO Writer - Racing Games / Mobile Games - Remote
We are looking for an SEO content specialist to join our RacingGames team to produce guides and SEO targeted content to help drive an audience to RacingGames.GG.
Ideally, you are an experienced forward-thinking writer who lives and breathes racing games, already follows industry trends and knows instinctively what readers will be searching for on a day-to-day basis.
You will have a wealth of experience writing about games for online publications and ideally evergreen content which answers commonplace queries faced by readers. An ability to instinctively know when to update older content to match shifting release dates and in-game mechanics is also required.
Due to our continuous growth, we would like you to be quite flexible, able to spot opportunities and where possible create detailed content that will help encourage further engagement with RG readers.
You will work closely with an experienced in-house team across editorial to make sure your content is seen by as many people as possible.
Goes without saying, you are passionate about the gaming industry and you will teach us a thing or two, adding value to our existing team.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Working with the in-house team to develop and drive the content strategy around mobile-first racing games
- Writing SEO focussed content daily
- Interest or experience writing content around the following titles is a plus:
- Real Racing 3
- Asphalt 9: Legends
- Other racing games on multiple platforms
Essential Skills & Requirements
- Experience writing about games is a must
- Excellent knowledge of SEO best practice. Knowing how to craft fantastic headlines based on key trends and understanding how to weave this insight into the body copy
- SEO-first mentality. Able to spot an angle for a story off the back of a news announcement; or answering key queries that readers may encounter whilst playing games or waiting for future updates
- Flawless written and verbal communication - Communication is key for working remote
- Able to work fast and efficiently - reacting quickly to changes and breaking news developments as they happen
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- The ability to self-manage, chiefly when it comes to writing targeted weekly SEO content
- A people person. Candidate must be able to keep comms up, give/take directions well and form relationships with PR industry
- Able to be fully flexible with working hours to cover news shifts around key events where required
- Basic adobe suite skills also a bonus, but not essential
- Experience with Social platforms also a bonus, specifically when posting through brand accounts
We are striving to create a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage all applicants to apply for our roles and not for a moment think that anything will make us discriminate against them. We value and actively seek diverse talent.