(Closed) News Writer & Editor
- 3-month fixed contract with an option to extend (January 2020 – March 2020)
- Location: Hammersmith, London, UK (In Office)
- Full Time (Monday-Friday)
About Gfinity PLC
Gfinity PLC is a leading international esports business. Created by gamers for the world’s 2.2bn gamers, Gfinity has a unique understanding of this fast-growing global community.
It uses this expertise to provide both advisory services and to design, develop and deliver unparalleled experiences and winning strategies for game publishers, sports rights holders, commercial partners and media companies.
Gfinity PLC is looking for a hardworking and self-motivated individual, who can help elevate its written content, by covering the latest gaming and esports news.
Since reactivating our written content strategy in May 2019, we’re now reaching almost 6,000,000 gamers per month by focusing on Call of Duty, FIFA 20, Pokémon, Fortnite and CSGO.
We have an ambition to grow our reach and portfolio into other areas of gaming and intensify our coverage of esports events around the world.
What we’re looking for:
- A strong grasp of the English language
- Good communication skills
- A positive attitude
- Ability to write 4 articles a day
- Familiarity with SEO strategy
- Applicants must be in London or able to travel to London on a daily basis
- Have previous experience in esports journalism and written content
- Flexibility to work evenings if required
What Will You Be Doing?
You’ll be working closely with the Community Manager and Website Editor to write and deliver regular, engaging content across a multitude of games.
As an editor, you’ll also be responsible for updating and optimising articles for SEO, which are submitted by our freelance writers; this includes older articles and ensuring they are fact checked and relevant.
What Do We Need From You?
- Cover letter
- Examples of previous work