(Closed) Managing Editor - Gaming - Fan Engagement App
We are Gfinity! A leading international Esports business created by gamers for the world’s 2.2bn gamers!
We are looking to bring on an experienced Editor to work with a team of writers on the delivery of a gaming focused editorial strategy.
This person will be in charge of ideating & executing the editorial content strategy with a focus on feature gaming stories, tutorials & news around upcoming tournaments linked to the partnership.
The editor will work closely with the Account Director in order to strategise & develop plans for the execution of deliverables for the project.
The editor will be focused on delivering high-quality gaming content to an in-app audience - with an initial focus on Football sports games & upcoming AAA releases.
We are looking for someone with a keen interest in video games / sports with a background in games journalism, experience managing a team and working well under deadlines with hard deliverables.
Must be able to work on UK time-zone.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Take ownership of the editorial output for the project and hit the deliverables each week
- Ensure all output is to the highest standard and optimised for user experience
- Working with account director to ensure the right team are hired for the coverage of wide array of game titles
- Generating original and unique stories on a daily basis to drive traffic and pique interest in the app
- Reguarly work with the Gfinity team & account director to forward plan content and work to activate influencer opportunities where applicable
- Continually look to innovate and diversify content opening new user-acquisition opportunities
Essential Skills & Requirements
- Passion for the gaming industry with experience working in the space
- Proven record of delivering content strategies and experience managing a team
- Happy working in a fast-paced environment whilst maintaining acute attention to detail with excellent organisational and time management skills
- Able to work fast and efficiently - reacting quickly to changes and breaking developments
- Broad knowledge of the entire gaming industry is a bonus (able to cover game news even if never played a game)
- A people person! Communication is key working remote - candidate must be able to keep comms up and give/take directions well
- Able to be fully flexible with working hours to cover events where needed.
- Basic adobe suite skills also a bonus
Get in touch.
We are striving to create a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage all applicants to apply for our roles and not for a moment think that anything will make us discriminate against them. We value and actively seek diverse talent!
Location: Remotely based