Head of Esports
Company and Role Introduction
We are Gfinity. A leading international Esports business created by gamers for the world’s 2.2bn gamers! We make esports easy for our partners, leveraging our years of industry experience to help create propositions everyone loves!
We are in the lookout for an incredible talented and experienced Head of Esports. Someone who is well versatile with a great business acumen and commercial understanding. Impeccable knowledge of the esports and gaming industry and well versed around esports operations and technology, online and offline production, who loves gaming, understands the tournament’s platform technology and is looking to join a fast paced, entrepreneurial and growing company.
Your primary focus will be to:
- Define the strategic vision of the esports department and the scope of each project to include, objectives, resource requirements, schedules, budgets (P&Ls) and define the KPIs for the overall department and team members
- Connect the over-arching esports strategy directly to the business objectives and goals of the company
- Design and develop a range of esports and competitive gaming entertainment concepts that solve for the challenges faced by publishers, brands, sports rights holders and media companies, helping them engage with millions of gamers worldwide
- Lead the business’s esports strategy, create a business plan, and build/inspire/lead the team
- Educate and inform internal teams about the gaming marketplace and work in collaboration with all different departments to find innovative new solutions
- Be an active member of the senior leadership team and contribute in a constructive way to the evolution of the company strategy and the delivery of the financial targets
- Be responsible for all esports solutions, tech and delivery teams, line manage and lead by example, delegating accordingly and trusting other team members with their expertise.
- Lead cross-functional team and encourage individuals to take initiatives and ownership of their projects.
- Working in partnership with commercial leads to deepen relationships with publishers
- Help to find, win over, and manage relationships with publishers, brands and sports rights holders who have the vision to sponsor/create esports and competitive gaming content
- Build lasting bonds with new vendors while fortifying the valuable relationships we already have
- Prospecting new partnership opportunities and building a strong network of relationships across the gaming industry
Activations and Content
- Give input directly and through team members to content/production teams to build sponsorship/partnership rights packages and ensure we are delivering against the KPIs agreed with our partners/sponsors
- Oversee team members design and delivery of on and offline broadcasts
We are striving to create a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage all applicants to apply for our roles and not for a moment think that anything will make us discriminate against them. We value and actively seek diverse talent!
Location: Gfinity Arena - West London and remotely based