Junior Brand Scientist
Junior Brand Scientist
The Junior Brand Scientist will report to the Creative Director.
GETREKT Labs mission is to bring the dream of full-time content creation closer for our customers through premium design services, motion graphics and formalised education. The process starts with you.
As Junior brand scientist, you will be responsible for creating bespoke visual identities for a variety of content creators at different stages in their career. Whether you’re developing a fresh brand for a new creator or providing upgrades for more established streamers looking to take the next steps, you will expected to deliver their creative vision whilst providing innovative solutions to improve their content and broadcasts.
Working to a brief that has been agreed with the client and creative director/director, you’ll develop appropriate creative ideas and concepts for the client's objectives. The work demands creative flair, up-to-date knowledge of industry software and a professional approach to time, costs, communication and deadlines.
This role will initially be based on project by project delivery with the successful applicant being guaranteed a £1,000 per month retainer. This value is uncapped, and any project work completed above this will be rewarded proportionately.
Responsibilities and Duties
You will work directly with the Labs Directors and creators (customers) to deliver agreed design briefs which include static design, motion graphics (and where necessary 3D Design and illustration).
- You will be an understanding and empathetic communicator, capable of providing advice, delivering briefs with good reasoning and be able to receive direct positive or negative feedback to guide the creative process.
- You will work efficiently with a good awareness of deadlines and time constraints attached to any given brief.
- You will think creatively to produce new ideas and concepts and develop interactive design where possible.
- You will have a strong understanding of streaming platforms including Twitch, Mixer, Facebook and YouTube – and be able to deliver a brief based on the requirements of the chosen platform.
- You will innovate and redefine a design brief where necessary, within time and resource constraints to ensure the best results for our customers and positive development of their vision.
- You will continue to develop your skill set and push the boundaries of your own knowledge with each project and work to maintain GETREKT Labs as a creative leader in our field.
Your skills must include;
Knowledge of all current Adobe software including:
- After Effects
Proficiency in Static Graphic design
Proficiency in Motion Graphics and Design
These skills will be beneficial to the applicant:
- A formal qualification in Graphic/Motion design at any level
- Brand development experience
- A formal marketing qualification at any level
- Customer service experience
- Knowledge of social media platforms and their design requirements/limitations
- 3D Modelling, animation and implementation
- Discord Usage and server management
- Web Design
- Technical knowledge of plugins, processes and tools to increase work flow efficiency within the core programmes used.
Thank you for your application and we look forward to hearing more about your skill set and what you can add to our growing team. In order to be considered for the interview stage YOU MUST HAVE AN UP TO DATE AND AVAILABLE PORTFOLIO which includes evidence of both static and motion design.
Matt, Director GETREKT Labs.