User Interface Artist
Genjoy, a Scopely Studio in Sevilla is looking for a driven Senior UI Artist to join the team.
The Sevilla Studio is the proud creator of Tuscany Villa, a beautiful narrative driven decoration & match 3 puzzle game that whisks players off to the heart of Italy on a Mediterranean adventure! As one of Scopely’s key fully owned studios, together we are quickly turning our chart topping hit into a global success!
We are looking for a talented Senior UI/UX Artist who is excited to drive the design of amazing user interfaces for our players. If you have a passion for mobile game development and want to participate in the future of Scopely, we would love to hear from you!
Our ideal candidate will work closely with designers, art leads and technical artists to design, conceptualise, and previsualize user interfaces for gameplay features and systems. Shaping the game’s visual language by providing players with intuitive ways to interact with its various features and systems.
What you will do:
- Work closely with designers and art leads to keep a consistent visual identity and language.
- Create UI artwork to support proposed UI interaction models.
- Iterate using player and team feedback to optimise for simplicity, comprehension, and function.
- Create all elements of the User Interface such as: mockups, screens, wireframes, icons, pop-ups and final assets. Both final product and prototypes
- Create new elements, extend and optimize the design library, providing good documentation for the rest of the team
- Collaborate with the Art Directors and Leads on all elements of the User Interface and with a double focus:
- Developing a visual style for all the User Interface elements in the game (buttons, pop ups, diverse Live Ops materials) in line with the games' Art Guideline and in a consistent manner.
- Supporting the ergonomic design of the User Interface, proposing different types of layouts and collaborating with the rest of the team in creating an optimal design that is highly functional.
- Deliver assets in the right quality, format and timeframe so all team members are able to access and use them
- Manage all User Interface assets for Tuscany Villa, fully in charge of the maintenance of the User Interface art repository
- Collaborate with the Integration Artist to verify the implementations of your designs
- Create and maintain all UI related documentation
What you will need:
- Experience working as a UI artist/designer in gaming, mobile gaming or interaction design field, designing and implementing UI artwork for mobile games.
- 3-4 years experience with casual games.
- Understand core challenges of mobile UI from an artistic and technical perspective.
- Understand the full pipeline of getting UI assets into the Unity3D engine.
- Great skills with form and typography and a well-developed sense of composition and colour.
- Strong visual design skills and understanding of usability design principles.
- Ability to work well within a dynamic, cross-discipline, and iterative team environment.
- Growth mindset and an eye towards continuous improvement
- Self-motivated and collaborative, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Positive attitude and an ability to receive and provide objective feedback.
- Awareness of current trends in user interface design.
- Strong communications skills, both in-person and remotely
- Good communication skills in English.
- Implementation of UI screens in a Unity-based game client
- Proficient with Photoshop and After Effects
- Basic understanding of User Experience in mobile video games.
- Passion for games and strong knowledge of the mobile games industry
- BA in art media, graphic design or equivalent experience.
Required Application Materials
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant UI skills required
Scopely is a leading mobile games company home to many top-grossing, award-winning franchises including Scrabble® GO, MARVEL Strike Force, Star Trek™ Fleet Command, Looney Tunes™ World of Mayhem, WWE Champions, The Walking Dead: Road To Survival™, YAHTZEE® With Buddies and Wheel of Fortune®: Free Play, among others. Scopely creates rewarding, immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer experience. Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform that personalizes gameplay at scale across one of the most diversified portfolios in the west. Recognized in Fast Company’s ‘World’s Most Innovative Companies’ and #2 on Deloitte’s ‘Technology Fast 500’ as one of the fastest-growing companies in North America, Scopely has achieved more than $1 billion in lifetime revenue by creating game experiences that are an important part of people’s lives. Scopely has global operations in Los Angeles, Barcelona, Boulder, Dublin (DIGIT game studio), London and Tokyo, with additional studios in seven countries across four continents. For more information, visit our website.
Scopely is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, family or parental status, gender identity, veteran, or disability status, or other protected status.
Candidate information will be treated in accordance with our candidate privacy notice.