Genjoy, a Scopely Studio in Sevilla
Scopely is a leading mobile games company home to many top-grossing, award-winning franchises including Scrabble® GO, MARVEL Strike Force, Star Trek™ Fleet Command, Looney Tunes™ World of Mayhem, WWE Champions, The Walking Dead: Road To Survival™, YAHTZEE® With Buddies and Wheel of Fortune®: Free Play, among others. Scopely creates rewarding, immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer experience. Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform that personalizes gameplay at scale across one of the most diversified portfolios in the west. Recognized in Fast Company’s ‘World’s Most Innovative Companies’ and #2 on Deloitte’s ‘Technology Fast 500’ as one of the fastest-growing companies in North America, Scopely has achieved more than $1 billion in lifetime revenue by creating game experiences that are an important part of people’s lives. Scopely has global operations in Los Angeles, Barcelona, Boulder, Dublin (DIGIT game studio), London and Tokyo, with additional studios in seven countries across four continents.
The Sevilla Studio is the proud creator of Tuscany Villa, a beautiful narrative driven decoration & match 3 puzzle game that whisks players off to the heart of Italy on a Mediterranean adventure! As one of Scopely’s key fully owned studios, together we are quickly turning our chart topping hit into a global success!
We are currently looking for an experienced Senior QA mobile game tester who can help teams produce high-quality titles for smartphones and tablets with mass-market sales potential.
Game Testers are responsible for finding and replicating bugs/glitches and accurately reporting them to the game developers. The ideal candidate is a passionate and driven gamer. We are looking for individuals that are detail oriented, have excellent grammar, and want to contribute their talents to the QA team to help craft exceptional entertainment experiences for users.
What you will do:
- Ad hoc and structured test script based testing
- Identify and record bugs in Jira and track them through resolution
- Provide clear and concise feedback to developers
- Create test scripts and test plans for new features
- Think creatively to come up with new testing solutions
- Actively participate in weekly team playtests and document issues found
- Ask clarifying questions, and ask for help when needed
- Work collaboratively within a multi-functional development team
- Suggest and implement improvements to established policies and procedures
- Mentor junior colleagues on the QA path and team processes
What you will need:
- 5+ years experience testing Android and iOS apps and games
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Broad experience working with Jira
- Broad experience working with Google Docs, Excel/Google Sheets
- Broad experience with test case creation and writing -- interpreting feature spec docs into test cases is highly desirable
- Broad experience being involved in the software development life cycle
- Readily identify and articulate problem areas with appropriate sense of urgency
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize workload
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- High level of organization and self-motivation
- Ability to break complicated tasks into manageable chunks
- Ability to work within a dynamic, fast-paced, and sometimes stressful environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - understanding of when to quickly escalate issues to the right stakeholders
- Experience collaborating within a multi-person game studio
- Experience testing on Amazon (Kindle) devices
- Previously tested in-app video advertisements
- Familiarity with Unity basics
- Familiarity with Bugsnag and AppCenter
- Familiarity with Charles Proxy
Candidates without this previous experience will not be considered in the selection process. Only considering candidates available to relocate to Seville (Once the Covid-19 crisis situation allows it).
Scopely is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, family or parental status, gender identity, veteran, or disability status, or other protected status.
Candidate information will be treated in accordance with our candidate privacy notice.