Senior Back End Engineer
We’re the largest competitive gaming organization serving high school and education facilities in North America, focused on making esports available to every student as a legitimate varsity level sport in high schools throughout the U.S. We achieve this by working with faculty to easily offer students the chance to engage in healthy esports competition, surrounded by peers while supervised by teachers. Through organized esports competitions, students are learning to align their commitment to gaming with their success in academics and potential future careers.
We’re on the verge of transforming youth athletics for generations to come. High School Esports League is a technology company at its core, building a platform to service youth competitive esports from young kids to college students. We’re looking for senior engineers to move our engineering resources in-house and take our platform to the next level. Our product roadmap is full of features that can enhance the future of today’s youth through esports and we want passionate engineers to help us build it.
This role will have the opportunity to be our back end tech lead which gives you the autonomy to recommend your preferred architecture and implementation, while helping us build and grow our tech team.
- Coding and programming
- Estimating Effort
- Architecture and design
- Data structures and algorithms
- Information analysis
- Software debugging
- Software testing
- Perform needs analyses and assessments to determine systems methodology best suited to business objectives
- Architect FullStack application designs: API, Business Logic, Database, Security
- Monitor assigned applications/processes to ensure high quality of service and availability
- Optimization of code and develop standards to produce stable, efficient, and reusable code
- Perform code review, release management, and other development life cycle tasks
- Mentor Associate Software Engineer(s)
- Communicate and collaborate with technical and non-technical personnel to understand requirements, gather and analyze data and recommend solutions
- Oversee work of contractors and/or vendors
- Establish and maintain good communication and working relationships with IT team, cross-functional departments and end-users and to ensure the highest level of productivity and effectiveness
- 5+ Years of hands-on, professional software development experience building highly scalable online services
- Understanding of RESTful architecture.
- Established knowledge with Industry software development methodologies, standards and architecture frameworks.
- Able to work with 3rd party APIs and understand their documentation
- Good communications skills
- Can work with a distributed team
- Understanding of FullStack Principles to fully understand the implementation of backend code
- Likes to play video games ;)
- Node.js & Typescript
- SQL and NoSQL Databases
- AWS (Lambda, EB, RDS)
- Basic knowledge of Angular
- Game Servers
- Market rate salary
- Healthcare & Dental
- Snacks & drinks at the office
- Casual work environment
- Play your favorite PC/console games at the office