US Partnerships Account Manager
Gen.G is looking for a Partnerships Account Manager to help our partnerships department manage and service partners and clients. The ideal Account Manager should be committed to partner & client satisfaction. You will communicate directly with existing accounts across different platforms to find out about their needs and requirements, relaying said needs and requirements to Gen.G Partnerships and Marketing departments. This candidate will be a motivated, self-starter who understands gaming/esports and presents well to clients.
Responsibilities will include:
- Owning and leading multiple accounts from start to finish.
- Managing account staff’s daily tasks & responsibilities.
- Preparing account service-related documents such as recaps, proposals, and other client communications and correspondence.
- Maintaining current work-in-progress records and archives of past project information
- Execute & handle operational tasks for events, tournaments, and broadcasts.
- Be available to travel semi-regularly for in-person engagements for partner institutions
- Formulate strategic and operational objectives for client projects
- Maintain broad knowledge of the partner account regarding its target, industry, and competitors.
- Maintain and review account plans for meeting the defined objectives and targets.
- Staying current on Gen.G teams, talent, proficiencies.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or 4 years equivalent experience in the industry)
- Extensive knowledge and experience of the inner workings of esports and gaming
- Excellent communication, organizational, and time management skills
- Strong computer skills - Experience with GSuite and Project Management Software
- Proactive, Positive Attitude, & Team Player
- Ideally based in Los Angeles metro area
Highly Preferred Qualifications:
- Graphic Design and/or Advanced Presentation Design Capabilities
- Web Development Proficiency
- Experience with collegiate/youth esports
- Sales, Marketing, or Account Management Experience
About Gen.G Esports:
Established in 2017, Gen.G is the leading esports organization connecting the United States and Asia. Ranked no. 6 in the inaugural Forbes list of the “World's Most Valuable Esports Companies,” Gen.G is the only major organization that owns and operates top teams in the world's leading esports markets — China, South Korea and the United States. Its unique portfolio of teams, winners of seven global championships to date, includes the Seoul Dynasty franchise of the Overwatch League; 2014 and 2017 League of Legends world champion team in South Korea; the world's top all-female Fortnite team, based in Los Angeles; and the NBA 2K League's historic expansion franchise in Shanghai.
United under #TigerNation, Gen.G's core mission is to help fans and athletes use the power of gaming and esports to get ahead in and beyond the competition. The company has quickly become a commercial and thought leader, building a global, inclusive and cross-cultural future for sports entertainment. Its widely acclaimed initiatives include: Gen.G Black the leading team platform for the empowerment of women in gaming; and Gen.G Global Esports Academy, the world's first fully-integrated academic esports program. Gen.G's teams, content creators and corporate staff work out of their offices in Los Angeles, Seoul and Shanghai.