The Gearbox Entertainment Company is an award-winning creator and distributor of entertainment for people around the world. Gearbox Entertainment develops and publishes products through its subsidiaries, Gearbox Software and Gearbox Publishing. Gearbox Entertainment has become widely known for successful game franchises including Brothers in Arms and Borderlands, as well as acquired properties Duke Nukem and Homeworld. Gearbox’s ambition is to entertain the world and its key driving objectives include the pursuit of happiness for our talent, partners and customers, the prioritization of entertainment and creativity and a measured respect for profitability.
Gearbox Software is looking for a mid-level Technical Animator to join our rigging team.
As a Technical Animator you will:
- Rig characters, props, weapons, vehicles, etc. for animation in Maya
- Create scripts and tools to improve the rigging and animation process
- Collaborate with animators to maintain and improve the animation pipeline
- Work closely with concept artists, modelers, designers, programmers and animators to help take characters through the character pipeline
- Education in rigging and scripting in Maya and/or equivalent industry experience
- Demo reel or work sample that demonstrates quality rigging , skinning, and tools
- Familiarity with current animation technology (rigging techniques, motion capture, facial capture, physics, etc.)
- Work well in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 5+ years of of experience in game or film
- Knowledge of animation principles and techniques and experience animating
- Experience with Python and MEL
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience with task tracking software such as JIRA
- Experience with version control systems (Perforce, Subversion, Git, etc.)
- Current generation console experience
Gearbox Entertainment believes that all team members should be able to enjoy a work environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment. We are committed to reflecting the diversity of the world we strive to entertain. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we provide fair and equal treatment to all team members and applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.