Senior Project Manager, Production
The Senior Project Manager at the Gearbox Entertainment Company is an exciting and pivotal position that serves as the main HUB for anything and everything schedule and planning related! This role lives within the internal project development division in Frisco, TX. Responsibilities begin and expand with aiding the VP, Production in gathering critical information from all projects in development (both in Frisco and Gearbox Studio Quebec) and presenting a full picture of all schedules and their status. This position also assists VP, Production operating as a liaison between development and other areas of the organization, such as finance, business development, publishing, and others, to help identify their needs and how they relate to development. This position also offers an opportunity to envision and expand a project management team for the organization as we continue grow! The Senior Project Manager reports directly to the Vice President of Production.
- Work closely with the Vice President, Production, Project Producers, and Managing Directors to create spreadsheets/tools that pull together multiple project schedules for tracking and analysis
- Regularly interface with team members in all areas of the organization, such as finance and business development, and be able to understand their needs as they relate to development
- Be able to tailor information to a variety of audiences- showcasing the most macro schedule overview to more granular details
- Be the main stakeholder for pulling together all project schedules and forecasts and ensure they are always current and accurate
- Possess a strong understanding of budgets and supply information of cost when plans may deviate
- Proactively identify risks in project schedules, articulate those risks, and offer/collaborate on ideas to mitigate
- Support Production to standardize formats used to craft a variety of documents from staffing plans and forecasts to project schedules and updates
- Investigate and/or design ways we can maximize automation in our scheduling and planning
- Be able to work independently, find areas of need, and coordinate with any stakeholders to ‘make it happen!’!
- Build rapport, communicate, and have fun with colleagues in development and in other areas of the organization!
- Have a solid understanding of process and organization- in particular, with waterfall development while also being well-read in other paradigms
- As Gearbox continues to grow, have the ability and interest to explore how a project management team for the organization could grow with it and adapt!
- At least 5+ years of project management experience in entertainment or other industries (this role does not require game development experience)
- Extremely skilled working with MS Office (in particular, Excel) and other project management software
- Possess a very strong understanding of schedules, pipelines, and dependencies
- Willing to learn game development tools/software
- Well versed in the world of project management with a vast understanding of all the different paradigms used to organize efforts
- Advanced and experienced working in waterfall (and generally experienced working in SCRUM) methodology
- Proficiency working in JIRA and other Atlassian products (the more advanced the better)
- A high degree of familiarity with all the different options for project management tools and software
- Experience creating and/or maintaining schedules for significantly large scope efforts with major, multimillion-dollar budgets
- Effective communicator and collaborator
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, applicable to the role
- PMP Certification
- Technical background
- Experience working in games (ideally, AAA games and have shipped games)
- Extremely advanced knowledge of Excel or other project planning software
- You love games and, in particular, you love Gearbox games!