Senior Product Manager
The Gearbox Entertainment Company is an award-winning creator and distributor of entertainment for people around the world. Gearbox Entertainment develops and publishes products through its subsidiaries, Gearbox Software and Gearbox Publishing. Gearbox Entertainment has become widely known for successful game franchises including Brothers in Arms and Borderlands, as well as acquired properties Duke Nukem and Homeworld. Gearbox’s ambition is to entertain the world and its key driving objectives include the pursuit of happiness for our talent, partners and customers, the prioritization of entertainment and creativity and a measured respect for profitability.
Senior Product Manager
Product Management on our team brings together a variety of inputs including the needs of developers and players, an understanding of the broader industry in which we operate, and the strategic values of our organization into coherent strategies, priorities and roadmaps. Understand the organizational resources and how to maximize them to successfully deliver the product and support it. These efforts serve as the focal point in order for our teams to build the preferred online game engine to work with.
- Understand the needs of game developers and players
- Distill disparate ideas and needs into unifying strategy, priority, and roadmap proposals
- Develop, articulate, and advocate the business case for a variety of efforts and investments
- Develop and maintain cost models
- Continuously measure and optimize value based metrics
- Adapt and evolve in an agile environment
- Align with larger Gearbox strategy
- An experimental and data driven mindset
- An excellent listener and communicator, written and verbal
- A leader through influence rather than authority
- An intimate understanding of a variety of games either through game industry experience or as a hobby gamer
- Thrive working with diverse thinkers and backgrounds to approach challenges in a variety of ways
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Manager or similar experience
- Experience with Software as a Service (SaaS) business models
Bonus Points For:
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software
- An understanding of global data protection policies such as GDPR and CCPA
Gearbox Entertainment believes that all team members should be able to enjoy a work environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment. We are committed to reflecting the diversity of the world we strive to entertain. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we provide fair and equal treatment to all team members and applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.