Senior Data Engineer
Gearbox Software is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join the Spark team. Spark is a platform and online game engine supporting both internal and external titles. Come combine your love of data and games and influence data-driven decision making in design, development, and business.
- Ensure the integrity of all aspects of the data pipeline, from ingestion to data warehousing.
- Perform queries against terabytes of structured and unstructured data to facilitate requests from stakeholders.
- Build queries and transformations to turn unstructured data into tables and views that data analysts can use.
- Create and maintain ETL processes for multiple titles across multiple environments.
- Maintain and upgrade our data pipeline, improving data orchestration and our ability to quickly onboard new titles.
- Work with key stakeholders to ensure all telemetry and appropriate KPIs are tracked and delivered.
- Look for ways to improve processes and find opportunities to add value to the data platform.
- Be an advocate for data at the company.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- 6+ years of experience developing highly scalable backend systems.
- 3+ years of experience building and maintaining big data pipelines.
- Advanced SQL knowledge and experience working with columnar data stores like Snowflake or Redshift.
- Extensive experience working with structured and unstructured data.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS): Kinesis (or Kafka), S3, Lambda, Glue.
- Experience with Python, Go, or Java.
- Experience with Linux.
- Familiarity with Tableau or similar products.
- Excellent teamwork skills, flexibility, and ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to grow and foster relationships across various departments with various backgrounds.
Bonus Points for:
- Master's Degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, or a related quantitative discipline
- Game industry experience.
- Experience with tools like Hadoop, Spark.
- Experience with stream-processing technologies.
- Familiarity with Docker.
- Familiarity with microservices.
- Familiarity with Git and Terraform.