The Gearbox Entertainment Company is an award-winning creator and distributor of entertainment for people around the world. Gearbox Entertainment develops and publishes products through its subsidiaries, Gearbox Software and Gearbox Publishing. Gearbox Entertainment has become widely known for successful game franchises including Brothers in Arms and Borderlands, as well as acquired properties Duke Nukem and Homeworld. Gearbox’s ambition is to entertain the world and its key driving objectives include the pursuit of happiness for our talent, partners and customers, the prioritization of entertainment and creativity and a measured respect for profitability.
Gearbox Software is a family of talented, inventive and passionate individuals who want to collaborate with smart, committed, capable people with a quality of character that seek to inspire and be inspired – that care about creativity, happiness and the desire to make wonderful, engaging and exciting things that our customers feel is very valuable so that we may learn the lessons of experience together and share together in the rewards from a job well done.
- Responsible for the monthly close for multiple business entities
- Manage 1 accounting staff members
- US Monthly Close responsibilities include:
- Accounts Receivables, Invoicing & Revenue Recognition
- Accounts Payable & Vendor Relations
- Corporate Allocations to other Businesses
- Project Time Allocations for multiple business entities
- Project Cost Accounting for multiple business entities
- Concur Reconciliation & Accruals
- Manage staff to complete:
- Payroll processing
- Amex Coding
- Outsourcing Tracking & Reporting
- IT Tracking & Reporting
- Fixed Assets & Depreciation
- Bank Reconciliations & standard close tasks
- Actuals Updates/Tie Out for Budget Files
- Consolidated Monthly Reporting Package, including Variance Analysis
- Business Project Lead for new Project System Implementations
- Process Project Lead for Payroll, Accounts Payable, Corporate Allocations, Fixed Assets, Intercompany, and Concur Expenses
- CPA required
- Global Consolidations Reporting & Variance Analysis required
- Intercompany and International experience required.
- System Implementation experience strongly preferred
Bonus Points For:
- Audit / SOX experience desired.
- Knowledge of Tagetik
Gearbox Entertainment believes that all team members should be able to enjoy a work environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment. We are committed to reflecting the diversity of the world we strive to entertain. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we provide fair and equal treatment to all team members and applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.