The Gearbox Entertainment Company is an award-winning creator and distributor of entertainment for people around the world. Gearbox Entertainment develops and publishes products through its subsidiaries, Gearbox Software and Gearbox Publishing. Gearbox Entertainment has become widely known for successful game franchises including Brothers in Arms and Borderlands, as well as acquired properties Duke Nukem and Homeworld. Gearbox’s ambition is to entertain the world and its key driving objectives include the pursuit of happiness for our talent, partners and customers, the prioritization of entertainment and creativity and a measured respect for profitability.
Gearbox is searching for a creative and energetic Recruiter to help us hire top talent and entertain the world. The Recruiter will work closely with hiring managers and will source, identify, and interview qualified candidates to join our growing team in Frisco, TX and Quebec City, Canada.
- Effectively manage recruiting for assigned positions
- Use a variety of recruiting methods to source hard-to-find candidates
- Work closely with hiring managers to discuss hiring needs and prioritize as necessary
- Work with hiring managers to prepare job descriptions and postings
- Screen resumes and portfolios in various formats
- Conduct phone screens and provide feedback to hiring managers
- Schedule interviews
- Coordinate travel arrangements for candidate interviews
- Maintain positive relationships with candidates and act as the primary point of contact through the entire recruitment process
- Update candidate records in the recruiting database
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues
- Generate and negotiate offers
- Coordinate and assist new hires with the relocation process
- Attend job fairs, conventions, and conferences.
- Create and maintain relationships with universities and colleges to attract candidates
- Track, report, and analyze recruiting effectiveness and accomplishments
- 2+ years of full life-cycle recruiting
- Experience recruiting in the video game industry
- Experience with applicant tracking systems (BambooHR or Dayforce would be a plus)
- Excellent sourcing skills with the ability to build and maintain talent pipelines
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Self-motivated and able to prioritize and manage work flow
- Very proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be able to travel (sometimes on short notice)
Bonus Points For:
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Previous experience recruiting in the gaming industry
Gearbox Entertainment believes that all team members should be able to enjoy a work environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment. We are committed to reflecting the diversity of the world we strive to entertain. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we provide fair and equal treatment to all team members and applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.