The Gearbox Entertainment Company is an award-winning creator and distributor of entertainment for people around the world. Gearbox Entertainment develops and publishes products through its subsidiaries, Gearbox Software and Gearbox Publishing. Gearbox Entertainment has become widely known for successful game franchises including Brothers in Arms and Borderlands, as well as acquired properties Duke Nukem and Homeworld. Gearbox’s ambition is to entertain the world and its key driving objectives include the pursuit of happiness for our talent, partners and customers, the prioritization of entertainment and creativity and a measured respect for profitability.
Gearbox Publishing is looking for a data-minded Product Manager to help drive our significant mobile & live product efforts. The best fit for this position will have a hunger for knowledge, a devotion to drive business growth, and a deep understanding of one or more game genres. Communication skills are important, as you will be a driving force and guiding hand for our external partners. The Product Manager will coordinate efforts across a wide variety of stakeholders to schedule and drive complex features to completion, with the goal of measurably improving product health, as uniquely defined for each project.
- Work with Publishing leadership to set the product strategy and drive it accordingly with relevant stakeholders
- Oversee the product from audience identification and acquisition through veteran retention
- Build business cases and provide analytical insight for new initiatives on existing products and at large for new products
- Lead high-level scheduling efforts and development plans for live operations by engaging in constant coordination with the development team
- Identify, understand, and champion targets for key segments by analyzing qualitative and quantitative data
- Shape the direction of products by properly identifying current market trends and applying relevant data-informed insights
- Partner with the marketing team to ensure positioning of the product matches product capabilities and target markets
- Develop detailed product requirements and work with key stakeholders from production and technology to establish effort execution plans
- Ensure preparation, testing, deployment, and communication occurs for product updates
- Propose structured and controlled changes to increase key metrics (such as user engagement, conversion, or progression), and then eloquently communicate the resulting measured impact
- Maintain a deep understanding of how game systems relate to marketability, retention, monetization, and churn
- Craft processes and standards for live operations aimed at minimizing product downtime and maximizing a positive player experience
- 5+ years’ experience working with live games, including time in a Data Analyst, Product Manager, or comparable role.
- Experience working with mobile games, GaaS games, and/or F2P models
- Proven ability to make product decisions based on BI, Marketing, and Production information
- Experience using evidence-based decision-making to guide products and teams
- Proven leadership, communication, scheduling, and collaboration skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a high level of emotional intelligence
- Keen attention to details that matter
Bonus Points For:
- Familiarity and passion for Gearbox franchises such as Homeworld, Brothers in Arms, and Borderlands
- Advanced project management & visualization skills with JIRA, MS Project, Hansoft, or other project management tools
- Prior experience with cross-platform titles
Gearbox Entertainment believes that all team members should be able to enjoy a work environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment. We are committed to reflecting the diversity of the world we strive to entertain. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we provide fair and equal treatment to all team members and applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.