Gearbox, the developer of the hit titles Borderlands, Brothers in Arms and Battleborn is looking for a Lead Level Designer for its Studio.
- In collaboration with the Gameplay Director, the Lead level Designer is responsible for the design of the mechanics of the First-Person Shooter in an action game
- Innovate by respecting our competition and the targeted audience for the project
- Clearly communicate the mechanic expectations of the game to the team
- Guide and look after the designer’s team to respect the deadlines and make sure the game goes in the right directions
- Work and collaborate with other departments to insure the feasibility and the quality of the levels
- Gather gameplay feedback from teammates by organizing test groups
- Stay up to date on the new trends and new innovations of the industry
- 10 years of experience as a Designer in the video game industry
- To have delivered at least three multiplatform titles
- Proficiency of gaming engines
- Proficiency with work support software: Photoshop, 3DS Max, etc.
- Unreal Engine experience
- Programming knowledge
- Management experience
- Strong skills in complex problem solving. Ability to manage situations
- Excellent leadership spirit and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic, positive and team orientated
Located in beautiful Montreal and Quebec City, our studios are a short walk away from the city's most vibrant districts, bars, restaurants, parks and coffee shops. We love to create and play games. We reward teammates based on merit and offer a comprehensive health benefits package, generous RRSP matching, flexible time-off, training and numerous other perks.