Lead Character Artist
The Gearbox Entertainment Company is an award-winning creator and distributor of entertainment for people around the world. Gearbox Entertainment develops and publishes products through its subsidiaries, Gearbox Software and Gearbox Publishing. Gearbox Entertainment has become widely known for successful game franchises including Brothers in Arms and Borderlands, as well as acquired properties Duke Nukem and Homeworld. Gearbox’s ambition is to entertain the world and its key driving objectives include the pursuit of happiness for our talent, partners and customers, the prioritization of entertainment and creativity and a measured respect for profitability.
Gearbox Software—award-winning, independent developer of interactive entertainment hits Borderlands, Battle Born and Brothers In Arms—is looking for a Lead Character Artist for its Frisco studio!
Come be a part of a talented team of awesome artists to help us grow, expand, and pioneer for many of our upcoming projects!
- Establish and prioritize character art needs;
- Ensure the character models, textures and topology reach established quality benchmarks;
- Cooperate with other departments to balance time, quality and budget;
- Create high-quality 3d character models;
- Assist in the creation of character and costume concepts;
- Achieve quality and style benchmarks established by the Art Director and Concept Artists;
- Collaborate closely with the Tech Art and Tech Animation to understand and, as necessary, establish content creation processes in line with aesthetic and technical constraints;
- Work with the design team to ensure the art support the narrative and gameplay objectives;
- Coordinates with external partners and guest artists as required.
- Communicate & collaborate with character artists the teams artistic goals while taking the best output from the artists to improve that vision
- 6 years of experience as a Character Artist or Lead Character Artist in the video game industry;
- At least 3 published titles;
- Deep understanding of video game art production techniques and processes;
- Zbrush and 3DS Max expert;
- Advanced knowledge of the Substance suite;
- Experience on Unreal Engine 4;
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated team-player who works well under deadline pressures.
Please note: You must have an accessible art portfolio to be considered for this position.
Gearbox Entertainment believes that all team members should be able to enjoy a work environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment. We are committed to reflecting the diversity of the world we strive to entertain. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we provide fair and equal treatment to all team members and applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.