Associate Social Media Manager
Associate Social Media Manager
The Gearbox Entertainment Company is an award-winning creator and distributor of entertainment for people around the world. Gearbox Entertainment develops and publishes products through its subsidiaries, Gearbox Software and Gearbox Publishing. Gearbox Entertainment has become widely known for successful game franchises including Brothers in Arms and Borderlands, as well as acquired properties Duke Nukem and Homeworld. Gearbox’s ambition is to entertain the world and its key driving objectives include the pursuit of happiness for our talent, partners and customers, the prioritization of entertainment and creativity and a measured respect for profitability.
Gearbox’s Associate Social Media Manager will be responsible for, managing and growing Gearbox’s online communities across channels such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Discord, and potentially other future platforms as well. This position will fit within the Communications team and report directly to the Director of Online Engagement
- Using social media marketing tools to create and maintain Gearbox’s brand.
- Following the overall voice, direction, and output for all Gearbox’s social media platforms, with the potential to expand to other brands and IP’s.
- Develop and maintain an ongoing social calendar for all IP channels providing social copy, assets, and dates
- Develop a weekly and monthly social media report to measure performance and discover trends.
- Driving and engaging with occasional events, giveaways, or other participatory opportunities for Gearbox.
- Collaborating with both Marketing and Communications to develop social media
- Collaborate with Gearbox’s art department and develop custom assets (gifs, short video clips, and high-quality images.)
- Interacting with the community via Gearbox’s numerous social media accounts.
- Analyzing Gearbox’s digital marketing plan and social media strategy and identifying
strategic weaknesses and making recommendations for improvements.
- Researching social media trends and informing management of changes that are relevant
to Gearbox’s marketing activities
- Assist in raising key performance indicators (KPIs) for social media campaigns.
- 2-3 years experience in a community management role.
- Experience in the video game industry a significant plus.
- Previous experience with user moderation in a digital/online environment, including experience working with forum, live chat, or other game mastering tools.
- Experience working in western and eastern markets for social media services.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to create quality documentation for internal and external audiences.
- Strong understanding of social media services, mechanics, and trends, especially Twitter, Instagram, Reddit, and Facebook.
- Strong organizational skills and an independent, self-motivated work style.
- Proficiency with MS Office, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Previous experience with customer first-contact and de-escalation a plus.
- A passion for gaming.
Bonus Points For:
- Advanced degrees in communication, marketing, or related field
- Project management training and experience
- Proficiency with Confluence, JIRA
- Existing strong personal network within Gearbox’s communities
- Video publishing and/or graphic design experience
Gearbox Entertainment believes that all team members should be able to enjoy a work environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment. We are committed to reflecting the diversity of the world we strive to entertain. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we provide fair and equal treatment to all team members and applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.