Associate Narrative Producer
The Gearbox Entertainment Company is an award-winning creator and distributor of entertainment for people around the world. Gearbox Entertainment develops and publishes products through its subsidiaries, Gearbox Software and Gearbox Publishing. Gearbox Entertainment has become widely known for successful game franchises including Brothers in Arms and Borderlands, as well as acquired properties Duke Nukem and Homeworld. Gearbox’s ambition is to entertain the world and its key driving objectives include the pursuit of happiness for our talent, partners and customers, the prioritization of entertainment and creativity and a measured respect for profitability.
An Associate Producer on Gearbox’s Production Team is a critical role to hold on any project. Associate Producers work directly in the trenches with developers on a project. This Associate Narrative Producer will operate alongside the writing, casting and localization teams throughout the production pipeline of one of our titles. The Associate Narrative Producer is responsible for coordinating milestone/sprint planning, ensuring there is effective communication between teams, maintaining and reporting status of each area of responsibility, and working with other Producers to make it all come together. The Associate Narrative Producer can expect to be one of the first on and last off a project. As a member of the Production team at Gearbox, the Associate Narrative Producer must be committed to making the game creation process easier for their team and the broader company.
What Makes You The Right Person:
- You are an empathic and observant person that can motivate others
- You have unique X-Factors that you can offer the team where we can learn from you as much as you can learn from us!
- You desire to grow both individually and with the team
- You love games and have a passion for game making and helping others be as creative as possible
- You are capable of making difficult decisions that are best for the project
- Able to work with senior level creatives and communicate their visions between departments when needed
- Assist feature teams and/or departments in driving progress toward both immediate and long-term goals
- Maintain tasking by ensuring all efforts are represented in JIRA, with the necessary information for both content creators, production, and our development management team
- Support content creators in any day-to-day needs- communication, identifying and resolving blockers, scheduling/coordinating/representing in meetings, creating tasks as needed, etc.
- Proactively identify areas of need and coordinate with stakeholders to ‘make it happen!’!
- Stay on top of progress/status and maintain yourself as a reliable source ready to communicate where your team’s position in the pipeline or in current initiatives
- Update Confluence and other documentation formats that is integral to the development and scheduling process
- Monitor and enable the writing team to deliver their work on time with the best quality possible within time constraints
- Direct experience coordinating and/or managing efforts in AAA game development in an Assistant Producer or Associate Producer role (or equivalent work/life experience)
- A strong understanding of schedules, pipelines, and dependencies developing games
- Fluent or able to use Perforce (or other source control)
- Willing to navigate Unreal Engine 4 and/or Unreal Engine 5 as necessary to help get the job done
- Exercise strong JIRA skills and leverage how it can be applied to help organize and track efforts
- Experience creating and/or maintaining spreadsheets or schedules to forecast efforts, identify risks, and provide status updates
Bonus Points For:
- Bachelors and higher education degree that is applicable to the role
- Familiarity or understanding of the narrative process and being able to guide that from ideation to launch
- Experience with writing software such as Final Draft or Writer Duet
Gearbox Entertainment believes that all team members should be able to enjoy a work environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment. We are committed to reflecting the diversity of the world we strive to entertain. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we provide fair and equal treatment to all team members and applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.