Create is a venture studio backed by 20 of New York City’s most successful founders (GLG, SLT, Moat, Dia&Co, Crunch, Manhattan Mini Storage and more). Create rigorously ideates, tests, refines, and launches new businesses.
About Gear Review NewCo
Create has identified an opportunity in the social commerce space, specifically within the gaming industry. We are building the first user-centered app dedicated to video reviews & tutorials on gaming equipment & peripherals. We believe this represents an enormous opportunity as there are over 3 billion gamers globally and 250 million in the U.S. alone.
We are seeking a co-founder who will build Gear Review from the ground up, leading product, marketing, rewards and growing a robust and dedicated community. As the founder of this company, you will be handed a shovel ready business - it will be your job to refine the product, build a pipeline of brand partners, build a team and grow a viral app that will cater to the needs of an engaged and active user base. If you are passionate about gaming, product and building dedicated online communities, this opportunity could be for you.
- Act as a champion for the business with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Own and manage day-to-day operations.
- Align resources to achieve key business results, including the development of KPIs
- Support in the refinement of Gear Review’s mission, vision, and values.
- Lead development and implementation of go-to-market strategy and approach for Gear Review.
- Own scoping, building, and iterating on an MVP.
- With the support of Create, recruit the founding team (technical and non technical talent).
- Own the P&L and cash flow, and manage burn for the business
- Define, execute, and grow strategy for building relationships with top equipment brands
- Rapidly scale a community of highly engaged gaming enthusiasts
- Build strategic partnerships that will support and drive company launch and growth.
This co-founder will work with Create’s team and report to Gear Review’s Board of Directors.
- Experience building and launching web/mobile applications/products that are community and commerce driven
- Past experience building and motivating teams
- True passion for gaming as well as the larger gaming industry
- Comfort with overseeing the build of engaging product features
- Comfort with affiliate marketing and rewards programs
- Structured thinker who is capable of breaking down operationally complex business features