Mid-Level Game Designer
We are the biggest game developer and publisher of Brazil. We are also owners of the brand Jogatina, we have a vast portfolio of games developed for Android and iOS, mainly classics such as Buraco, Dominoes, Mahjong, among others. Also, we have the websites jogatina and thesocialpoker, besides other games created for other platforms.
Our mission is to build fun through simplicity. Our purpose is to provide fun in order to liberate the essential in everyone who plays our games as well as in our staff. Founded in 2006, in Rio de Janeiro, Gazeus Games today counts on a team formed by the best and more passionate professionals, working in a casual and educational environment to deliver a high-quality experience to millions of players around the world.
To design, drive, implement and verify that our games are performing at their peak revenue generation through engaging features.
Responsibility and Duties:
- Proficient with all of the latest features in the mobile F2P industry.
- Designing fun experiences for our players. How can we think outside the box to deliver something new?
- Owning implementation of large parts of these experiences from start to finish.
- Be an advocate for player experience and create compelling user stories
- Identify features that will generate additional avenues of revenue quickly (low hanging fruit.
- Research, plan, and execute on delivering well-balanced features that are engaging for our audience while driving revenue contributing for Gazeus Goals: Fun Creators, Fortune Makers, and Monetization Masters.
- They will oversee Live Operations of their title, ensuring we are running A/B tests on our game content to maximize our user experience, as well as keeping events going to encourage our players to participate.
- Responsible for the "feel" of a game, the game mechanics and features, the balance of currencies, and all things related to player engagement.
The ideal candidate:
- 2-4 years of game design experience in mobile games, with at least one shipped game(s).
- Expert in understanding important user metrics (such as retention, session time, DAU, and other F2P metrics;
- A broad skill set is a strength! We are a small team, so cross-discipline skills are highly valued;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in managing F2P game economies;
- Rate and compare modern features to ensure we're building the right features at the right time;
- Create clear GDD's and Specs documents outlining a features purpose and target metrics;
- Creating your own functional prototypes
- Flexible and adaptable in a dynamic environment;
- Manage Liveops for a game - running events and campaigns, and A/B tests;
- Maintains knowledge of new F2P games and what makes them successful;
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Game Design, Design, or correlated areas.
- Familiar with 3rd party analysis tools like Tableau, Firebase Analytics, Sensor Tower, and Game Refinery.