Head of Monetization
We are the biggest game developer and publisher of Brazil. We are also owners of the brand Jogatina, we have a vast portfolio of games developed for Android and iOS, mainly classics such as Buraco, Dominoes, Mahjong, among others. Also, we have the websites jogatina and thesocialpoker, besides other games created for other platforms.
Our mission is to build fun through simplicity. Our purpose is to provide fun in order to liberate the essential in everyone who plays our games as well as in our staff. Founded in 2006, in Rio de Janeiro, Gazeus Games today counts on a team formed by the best and more passionate professionals, working in a casual and educational environment to deliver a high quality experience to millions of players around the world. In 2019, we became multinational and we opened our office in Montreal, Canada.
As the Head of Monetization you are responsible for the monetization strategy of multiple mobile games. Their key tasks are to develop and correct monetization strategies, to evaluate game economy and balance changes, to provide insights into game design, to work with the Communications and User Acquisition teams to optimize performance of advertising and on/off channel marketing efforts, and to take part in shaping our company’s portfolio strategy. Reports directly to the CEO.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate: Using your expertise in F2P design, evaluate monetization strategies for upcoming features, game events, and content to optimize performance before design is finalized and production starts.
- Optimize: Working with our Game Analyst, measure existing performance of specific game elements to maximize their efficacy. Working with our Digital Marketing Manager, translate in-game tactics into effective marketing strategies to optimize top-of-the-funnel performance.
- Measure: Monitor and report on live performance of designed features, optimizations, and game economy balance changes and report findings and plan next steps.
- Design: Collaborate with external development team to design new game features targeted at improving specific KPIs with an eye for game economy balance. Create multivariant test cases to evaluate assumptions and course correct existing user experiences to foster incremental improvements.
- Prioritize: Working with the Product Development team, prioritize features, balancing changes, and optimizations based on company priorities.
- Strategize: Work with upper management to develop a portfolio strategy based on broadening our reach as a company while maximizing the potential of our existing game genres.
- Develop a cohesive marketing and customer engagement strategy across multiple product verticals.
- Owns the marketing funnel and responsible for hitting specific Marketing targets at the most efficient cost per acquisition.
- Work closely with data science, analytics, product, and engineering team to build and monitor tools and dashboards to track and optimize channel performance.
- Strategize and execute across all user acquisition channels and diversify the buying mix through different channels.
- Setting strategy for new user acquisition and re-engagement/retargeting.
- Create long- and short-term scenarios and projections and clearly articulate to key stakeholders across the company.
- Manage the marketing budget and the forecasting process.
- Able to manage and optimize ad campaigns across social media platforms (Facebook, Social Media, etc.), paid search (Google, Bing), and mobile channels.
- At a portfolio level set and execute ad monetization strategy.
- Proven ability to creatively synthesize insights from data, industry sources and package those insights into persuasive, impactful analyses and proposals.
- Perform SWOT and competitor analysis on interactive Ads, marketing campaigns, and mobile games.
- Understand the impact of App Store Optimization (ASO) on ranking and conversion metrics of the title and set a strategy to drive results.
- Measure ROI for each marketing channel both globally and regionally, report on results, and develop strategies to maximize return.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in market research, marketing analysis, and/or data science.
- Experience working with P&Ls and defining financial key performance indicators.
- Experience managing digital marketing data via Google AdWords, Facebook Business Manager, etc.
- Deep knowledge of the mobile advertising space and its channels.
- Strong analytical skills and evidence of making data driven decisions.
- Familiarity with Marketing Automation platforms.
- Prior experience supporting a marketing team with analytics.
- Proven track record of working effectively with cross-functional teams and across all levels of the organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to effectively present and share information across the organization.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience in Tableau or PowerBI.
- Masters degree in Business, Entertainment, Economics, or Computer Science preferred. Bachelor’s degree required.
- Expert-level understanding of free-to-play game design and economy balancing.
- Deep Understanding of user experience and core game loop design.
- Mastery of analytics and BI tools.
- Experience in building multi-variant test plans.
- Excellent mathematical and analytical skills with a focus on statistical analysis.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
The Ideal Candidate is
- Has shipped and managed live operations on 3 or more successful free-to-play games.
- Has worked with top-tier intellectual property.
- Able to rally a team behind a joint goal and outline contributions expected from other departments in a congenial manner.
- Able to articulate complex balance / design issues with non-technical staff.
- Self-driven and willing to create / manage their own tasks within a broader scope of department goals.
- Has 5 years of professional game development or publishing experience.
- Has 3 years of working experience in free-to-play games.
- Has 3 years of professional experience utilizing statistical analysis.