Community Manager Intern
Community Management Internship
Conference One (CF1) a subsidiary of Gaud-Hammer Gaming (G3) is a collegiate esports league designed to foster, manage, and organize collegiate competition for four-year institutions of higher education. CF1 believes that through innovative technology and an entertainment-driven broadcasting structure, we can accomplish our goals: player-first competition, accelerated collegiate audience growth, increased reach and awareness for member schools, and connecting brands to the collegiate space in new, unique ways.
We are seeking a creative, high energy, and collaborative Community Management Intern who is passionate about being the connection between CF1’s community and our internal teams. In this role, you will help build our mission in fostering a safe, fun, and competitive community, creating the sense of belonging and being heard.
- Moderate and engage with CF1 members and fans on social channels including Discord and Twitch
- Act as the voice of CF1, growing the community and maintaining a positive dialogue
- Post content and updates to our website and Discord server, using a content calendar
- Assist Operations Manager and Tournament Organizer to plan, schedule, and help run community events and activities
- Assist Operations Manager and Tournament Organizers with broadcast match procedures
- Monitor discussions and respond in a timely fashion where appropriate
- Escalate high priority incidents or issues to Operations Manager when necessary
- Assist players and teams with match reschedules, forfeits, incident reports, or general questions/comments
- Create and deliver community reports on analytics and feedback
- Knowledge and passion for gaming and esports, Valorant knowledge required
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, positive, energetic and team-oriented.
- Knowledge of Discord
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Willingness to self-teach, receive training, and work with a team to build a next-level collegiate esports league, and get in on the ground floor and be a part of its growth
- Must own or have access to a computer capable of fulfilling job requirements. Software will be provided by Conference One
- Must be enrolled at an accredited college or university
- This is a remote position that requires some meetings/check-ins during business hours (9am-5pm EST) 20% of weekly work
- Non-traditional business hours to ensure matches records and discord are monitored (after 5pm EST) 80% of weekly work
- Broadcast matches will take place Monday through Wednesday, Interns must have the ability to work most broadcast days
- Pays a stipend of $500/per semester (Early September to December)
- Students wishing to receive college credit for internships must submit proper paperwork to Conference One upon acceptance of position.
- Flexible schedule: part-time, 20 hours expected per week (flexible and to be confirmed based on candidate’s schedule)
Hours: 20-30 hrs/wk
To apply please follow the below details:
- Submit the following documents through Hitmarker:
- Cover Letter
- Include any relevant esports and gaming experience you have.
- Include link to design portfolio, if applicable
- Cover Letter