Gasket Games is growing, and we would like to add an experienced Scripter to our Design team. In this role you will work with the Design Director, the design team, and other stakeholders across the studio to craft polished gameplay experiences as well as help define best practices for design and implementation. You will help break down and define the work with an eye for efficiency, modularity, and cohesive structure. This is a new role for Gasket Games, and we’re excited for you to join us
What will you do?
- Translate and challenge conceptual design to turn concepts into functional gameplay experiences, including task definitions and breakdowns.
- Collaborate with coders and adjacent designers to both bring experiences to life while defining, prioritizing, and commissioning mechanical aspects or functional assets from other workgroups.
- Use the LUA scripting language, the Unreal engine, and other tools to implement interactive content.
- Become the point of contact for gameplay implementation for other disciplines, with a full expectation that collaborative review & subsequent iterations are a necessary part of the job.
- Own the functionality and quality of your work, as well as help shape best practices for implementation of gameplay experiences and systems.
- Play the game frequently to make sure your implementations work as intended without causing breaks for adjacent areas.
Who are you?
- 3 - 5+ years’ experience in a scripting and implementation design role for first or third person shipped titles. Experience with LUA, Unreal, and C++ a bonus.
- Able to communicate well with others via writing, remote meetings, or in person, taking the time to articulate your ideas and listen to other perspectives.
- Able to collaborate well with others on your team and across the organization generally.
- Earnestly strive to improve & hone your craft as well as mentor less experienced implementers to become better contributors
Finally, a little about Gasket Games Corp. We are a studio of 38 creatives who enjoy playing games together as much as we enjoy making them together. We have a high bar for quality within our games and mutual respect within our company culture. Our office is in downtown Vancouver, right outside the Waterfront SkyTrain station, surrounded by great places to eat.
We offer very competitive benefits including:
- Competitive salary.
- Choose your own working style: remote, hybrid, or in person. You choose which works best for you.
- 4 weeks of paid vacation, plus a studio closure over the Winter holidays.
- Participation in the Employee Shares Option Plan.
- An extensive health and dental plan.
- An inclusive culture where you get to work with talented and respectful team members who want to make awesome games, just like you.
- Weekly studio update so that you know what’s going on.
- Frequent virtual team events.
Gasket Games is a safe, supportive, diverse, and inclusive environment where people of all walks of life are welcome and belong. We welcome and encourage everyone to apply. If the role and our studio sound interesting to you, we would love to hear from you.