Within the Game Studio at Garena we are committed to bringing the best digital entertainment platform to our users. Like us, you strive to understand our diverse range of users by challenging the status quo and developing innovative design solutions to engage users. As a Technical Lead in the Studio, you will play a critical role in driving technical initiatives of our mobile games. We are looking for ambitious and driven talent who want to build a world class game.
- Lead the Technical delivery of the mobile game from prototype to the final release
- Lead development of a scalable multiplayer game which can be played by millions of daily players
- Work with project team and designers to understand features and help break down the tasks for the team and implement the functionality
- Maintain performance and quality of code and organise code reviews to meet global standards
- Collaborate with team to structure the APIs and database
- Implement and Architect required tools for live ops, events and economy tweaking
- Oversee backend architecture and ensure that the backend is secure against hacks like replay attack or tempering with API calls / data
- Expert knowledge of Unity game engine and history of shipping large scale mobile games with a minimum experience of 10+ years.
- Ability to estimate and plan tasks and features with the project team
- Understanding of multithreading, async and thread safe coding standards
- Knowledge of profiling & identifying the bottlenecks and performance issues
- Understanding of Data oriented approach and backend/networking
- Understanding of cloud platforms like AWS/Azure/GCP is a plus
- Experience of realtime multiplayer backend / networking / Games is plus
- Knowledge in any backend tech like JAVA, .NET Core , NodeJS, Python, Angular etc is a plus