Games connect people. As a leading global online games developer and publisher, Garena connects over 648 million people worldwide to the world’s most popular games every quarter. Garena is a part of Sea Limited (NYSE:SE), a leading global consumer internet company.
If you desire to make an impact on the gaming and tech industry and be a game changer, start your journey with us!
Overall Purpose of the Job
- The Senior Accountant will be responsible for the Financial Reporting of Brazil entity and to ensure that internal processes are in compliance with accounting standards and statutory requirements. The ideal candidate will come with strong accounting knowledge and skills and demonstrate the ability to work in a fast-paced and hands-on environment.
- Perform and ensure the completion and accuracy of month-end closing;
- Reconcile accounts and maintain accurate financial records;
- Prepare accurate and timely monthly Financial and Management report;
- Assist in ensuring effective internal control procedures and compliance of accounting standards and statutory requirements;
- Collaborate with HQ Finance to ensure local practices are in accordance to Group’s policies and local regulations;
- Support Brazil Finance team to develop and maintain a close business partnership with Business Operations;
- Other ad-hoc duties as assigned from time to time.
- ACCA or equivalent qualification and/or Bachelor Degree in Accounting;
- Solid working experience, preferably with audit managerial experience in Big 4. Experience in start-up companies will be an added advantage;
- Familiar with US GAAP and IFRS;
- Familiar with accounting for gaming revenue under US GAAP and IFRS;
- Familiar with Brazil taxes (PIS, COFINS, ISS, IRPJ and CSLL);
- Familiar with SOX Controls;
- Experience with process improvement;
- Knowledge in ORACLE and Hyperion accounting software.