(Closed) Head Of Public Relations
Garena is a leading games developer and publisher, and the creator of the global smash hit mobile battle royale title, Free Fire. Free Fire was the most downloaded mobile game globally in 2019. Headquartered in Singapore, Garena operates across the globe with offices across Southeast Asia, China, Latin America, and North America. Garena is part of Sea Group, a global leading consumer internet company listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
About the role:
We are recruiting a PR lead for Garena who will drive the development and global implementation of PR plans for Garena and its games. Working closely with key teams across Garena globally, the PR lead will be responsible for planning media and public relations campaigns that enhance the reputation of Garena and its games, and support key business objectives. The role will require coordination with teams around the world, including key business teams in Singapore and Shanghai.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Oversee the development of a global PR hub function for Garena that will lead global PR coordination and planning.
- Coordinate with business leads to devise global PR and media relations strategies that measurably enhance the reputation of Garena and its games across our key markets worldwide.
- Work with PR and operational teams in key markets on the development and implementation of localized campaigns that maximize the impact of these strategies, and on measuring and tracking this impact.
- Work with games development, esports, community, marketing, esports local operational teams on the development of integrated PR and marketing plans in support of key business objectives and around major initiatives.
- Work with group corporate functions (communications, legal) on strategies to protect the reputation of our brand and our games.
- Act as spokesperson for the business if required.
Candidates should have:
- A passion for the video games industry.
- Experience leading PR strategy and planning on an international level for a leading company or brand in the video games industry.
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills, and demonstrated track record of developing and managing PR strategies that delivered tangible business results.
- International mindset - experience working across global markets is a distinct advantage.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, strong leadership skills and demonstrated experience working effectively in a matrix organization