VP of Game Publishing (m/f/d)
The gamigo group is looking at the earliest opportunity for a VP of Game Publishing (m/f/d) in Berlin/Hamburg or US to help build up the Publishing department of our new Games/Product Launch Unit.
We are looking for a results-driven high technology professional (m/f/d) possessing exceptional interpersonal communication skills and extensive knowledge in core game design, game lifecycle management, integration cycles, and project/program management. Finally, you should have experience in building and managing high performing teams.
- Build up the Publishing department of the new Games Launch Unit within gamigo
- Lead a cross-functional team of product managers, project managers, support functions, community managers etc.
- Define process standards and other documentation to create best design and launch readiness practices for gamigo group
- Roll Out planning and execution from the first kick off to the final launch date
- Collect and analyze game data to provide insight into how to optimize the performance of the games; maintain a deep understanding of the full user and revenue funnel, ownership of all changes, and ability to accurately project downstream impact of those changes
- Ownership of all game KPIs and launch strategy
- Demonstrable expertise in managing publishing teams
- 6+ years of game publishing experience
- 4+ years of direct people management
- Proven track record of managing games and publishing departments
- MBA highly desirable
- Conversant in agile and (phase gate) product launch methodologies
- Must be able to work with Company Executives (internal and external), Product Management, Engineering, Sales and Marketing in regards to game development, documentation, internal and external communication, launch and post launch optimization
- Technical expertise gained from working with game developers
- Highly inspirational leader, irrespective of reporting lines
- Ability to provide clear direction and give insight on industry trends
WHAT WE OFFER
- A chance to join a new, growing Product Launch Unit.
- A challenging job with lots of responsibility and freedom to grow professionally and acquire new skills
- A fun and lively work environment in an energetic gaming company
- A very international team of passionate colleagues
- Regular company parties and team events
- The subsidization of the public transportation card
- Fresh fruits and beverages
Your contact person for this position is Mara Dinulescu.
Apply for this position
The gamigo group is one of the leading publishers of online games in Europe and North America and focuses on publishing, operating and support of online and mobile games.
Counting over 300 employees in Germany, Poland, South Korea and USA, gamigo is one of the most important players in the gaming industry.
The gamigo group currently has a portfolio consisting of over 25 massively multiplayer online games and more than 5.000 casual games. The game selection includes first-person shooters, fantasy RPGs, building-strategy games, mobile- and casual-games.
Since the company’s founding in 2000, this diverse portfolio has been build-up through company acquisitions, purchasing of game licenses as well as worldwide publishing rights.
Part of the gamigo group are gamigo AG, gamigo Publishing GmbH, Aeria Games GmbH, gamigo Portals GmbH, gamigo US Inc., gamigo Inc. and Kings Isle Entertainment Inc.