VFX Artist (m/f/d)
Gamigo US is seeking a VFX artist who will visually empower the personality of characters, creatures and environments for our massive online games. The perfect candidate has experience in VFX creation, has a clear understanding of UV animations and low poly mesh generation for VFX usage. He / she can create custom VFX sprites to be used in their effects work and has a solid understanding of optimization for VFX. Using a wide range of toolsets for VFX such as PopcornFX, Maya and 3dsmax, they will help convey designs, personality and story with strong VFX skills on a diverse range of exciting projects.
- Use proprietary tools, Photoshop and Popcorn FX to create effects that balance the visual goals of the project
- Help Design craft essential gameplay elements for updates to a Massively Multiplayer Online Game
- Work with Engineering, Audio and Art to ensure VFX meets technical and gameplay requirements.
- Undergo review stages of the VFX and further polish process as requested.
- Attend team meetings with internal developers to communicate milestones, and project progression.
- Keep up to date on state-of-the-art methods, practices, and technologies especially focusing on VFX developments for current and next-gen PC and Console gaming
- Other related duties as assigned
- Minimum two-years of prior video game experience working in VFX.
- Strong skills using Maya and Granny to setup VFX in order to be applied to the game
- Strong experience utilizing Popcorn FX to implement VFX into a game pipeline
- Strong understanding of UV animations and low poly mesh generation for VFX usage
- Must present a Demo Reel showing prior work in VFX for games
- ·Knowledge of external tools such as JIRA and Perforce.
- Some experience with 3D Studio Max is a plus
- A dedicated interest in gaming
Apply for this position
MGI (Media and Games Invest plc) operates within two markets, game publishing (business segment Gaming) and digital advertising (business segment Media).
The Gaming segment focuses on the publishing, operation and support of online and mobile games and is operated by gamigo Group. It currently has a portfolio consisting of over 25 massively multiplayer online games and more than 5,000 casual games.
Part of the Gamigo group are among others the subsidiaries gamigo AG, gamigo Publishing GmbH, gamigo US Inc., aeria games GmbH etc.
The Media division at MGI offers services covering the entire value chain of digital advertising with a focus of customer acquisition optimization in the gaming industry.
The Media segment consists of subsidiaries such as Verve Group, PubNative, AppLift, me digital or Media Elements Group (Reach Hero GmbH, adspree media GmbH, Mediakraft Networks GmbH).