THE HERO (D/F/M) WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for an experienced Game Server Engineer (d/f/m) to join our Mobile games team to be located in Berlin/Hamburg/Darmstadt or Remotely.
The Game Server Engineer (d/f/m) is responsible for analyzing, developing, and evaluating large-scale, complex online applications and backends systems for our mobile games. This person will design systems and develop the code to support the mobile games. The Game Server Engineer (d/f/m) has a broad knowledge of software engineering sciences, cloud-based systems and follows international engineering trends and technologies.
- Design, implement well-engineered, secure, reliable, maintainable, and bug-free API’s, applications and systems ( Select suitable frameworks and programming languages for the task)
- Collaborate with studio leadership, producers, technical leads and support staff to maintain existing features and implement support for new game features.
- Build sustaining systems, suggesting new ideas, concepts, and provide feedback
- Architect, design, develop and document technical coding
- Integrate existing client/server systems with 3rd party platforms
- Identify technical, security and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions
- Follow best practices, processes, and systems standards
- Keep up to date on state-of-the-art methods, practices, and technologies
- Other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent professional experience
- 3+ years engineering experience developing RESTful API’s and backend servers to support client applications, especially mobile applications
- Familiarity with AWS or Google cloud-based services and engineering development including CI/CD practices
- Expert in C# .Net core
- Strong time management skills with the ability to multitask across disciplines, access risk, define priorities, and resolve problems while meeting deadlines
- Excellent critical and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
BONUS POINTS FOR
- Experience implementing and/or maintaining backend systems to support games, especially mobile games
- Experience working with cryptography and securing systems outside of trusted networks
- Knowledge and experience of ASP.NET, SQL, node.js and Python
- Knowledge of containers (eg. Docker) and Kubernetes
- Written and verbal German communication skills
- Multiple company benefits to choose from, in a Cafeteria system, that match your personal lifestyle: subsidization of the public transportation card/bike lease/internet bill/gym subscriptions/fresh food delivered at home and many more!
- Flexible work times with the possibility to work from home. You earned it!
- A very international team of like-minded geeky colleagues from over 30 nations, who share the same passion: gaming!
- Learn German or improve your English with our online German/English classes!
- Regular company parties and team events. The fun never stops!
- Great opportunities and a challenging job with lots of responsibility and freedom to grow professionally in a fun and lively work environment. Satisfaction guaranteed!
Oh and did we mention, that you can bring your dog to work? Good boys & girls are always welcome! :)
The gamigo group is one of the leading publishers of online games in Europe and North America and focuses on publishing, operating and support of online and mobile games.
Counting over 300 employees in Germany, Poland, South Korea and USA, gamigo is one of the most important players in the gaming industry.
The gamigo group currently has a portfolio consisting of over 25 massively multiplayer online games and more than 5.000 casual games. The game selection includes first-person shooters, fantasy RPGs, building-strategy games, mobile- and casual-games.
Since the company’s founding in 2000, this diverse portfolio has been build-up through company acquisitions, purchasing of game licenses as well as worldwide publishing rights.
Part of the gamigo group are gamigo AG, gamigo Publishing GmbH, Aeria Games GmbH, gamigo Portals GmbH, gamigo US Inc., gamigo Inc. and Kings Isle Entertainment Inc.