Game Licensing Manager
At WildTangent, we build technology that delights consumers and helps partners grow their businesses. We began by building the world’s largest online games service in 1998. Today, we have installed over 20 billion apps on Windows and Android devices and continue to expand our ecosystem of app partners. WildTangent, a gamigo, Inc. company, is on a mission to becoming the gold standard in digital gaming. We aim to achieve this by putting our gamers first and providing them with excellent, and fun experiences. Our model provides the full package, where gamers can buy, rent, or play games for free! Join our team in continuing our journey of becoming a leading E-Commerce platform that provides gaming services across numerous demographics.
The Game Licensing Manager will play an important part in shaping gamigo’s line-up over the coming years. Meeting developers at trade events, maintaining a network of contacts of talented game developers and exploring the hidden depths of the internet to discover the next big hit. The role reports to the Head of Licensing of gamigo group and represents a unique opportunity to be part of a high-impact team placed at the intersection of product, finance, marketing, and strategy at the gamigo group.
- Owning the lead generation/management and being the initial point of contact for our many inbound game developer inquiries for the Americas
- Proactively contacting developers working on games that fall into the scope of the gamigo group
- Managing a calendar of industry events and attending them, where appropriate, to also heighten the profile of the gamigo group to game developers
- Driving the initial due diligence process, i.e. studio background, key personnel, evaluation of pitch decks etc.
- Negotiating commercial terms and contract conditions of a publishing partnership
- Understand quality and content standards set by competitive and best-in-class products and delivering titles to the highest quality bar to ensure they meet our audience’s expectations.
- Facilitate strong communication, clear approval processes and necessary information transfer with all stakeholders to ensure publishing deals are delivered to meet cost and product expectations.
- Identify and communicate project risks in a timely fashion along with recommendations and clear steps to remedy or mitigate.
- Handing over successfully closed publishing deals to our product teams
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role within the video games industry and an established network within the industry
- Ideally a passion for games with profound knowledge of all types, platforms and genres
- Experienced communication and relationship building skills as well as the ability to create consensus
- An understanding of publishing agreements or already having a track record in publishing deals is beneficial
- Excellent presentation skills to adapt to different audiences and stakeholders
- Team focused, enthusiastic, organized, committed and career minded
- Proficiency in MS Office and experience with CRM system