C++ Software Engineer (m/f/d)
- Design, implement well-engineered, secure, reliable, maintainable, and bug-free applications and systems
- Integrate online services into gamigo games.
- Develop and maintain networking systems on different gaming platforms.
- Develop and document technical coding
- Integrate existing client/server systems with 3rd party platforms
- Identify technical, security and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions
- Optimization of data and packets sent between the game client and the game servers.
- Maintain confidentiality of Gamigo’s internal information
- Follow best practices, processes, and systems standards
- Keep up to date on state-of-the-art methods, practices, and technologies
- Other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent professional experience
- Minimum four-year’s of engineering experience
- Strong C++ skills required
- Strong understanding of multi-threaded and asynchronous programming.
- Familiarity with Platform and cloud-based services and engineering development
- Knowledge of low level networking libraries and systems (curl, REST)
- In-depth knowledge of game development and programming languages
- Knowledge of live game services such as: matchmaking systems, statistics tracking, friend management
- Solid MySQL, Cassandra, Java, Python, and XML knowledge and experience
- Understanding and experience of external tools such as Confluence, Jira
- Knowledge of PC, Xbox and Playstation consoles and SDKs. Experience developing online features that interact with the Playstation Network and Xbox Live is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent critical and analytical skills.
- Gamigo is home to a diverse and dedicated team of game developers.
- Opportunities to acquire new skills within game development.
- Be a part of a fun and lively work environment in the heart of the Arboretum in Austin, Texas!
- We offer a full benefits package.
- Regular company team events!
Be a part of a growing international team and work in a friendly atmosphere with motivated colleagues.
The gamigo group is one of the leading publishers of online games in Europe and North America. Counting over 400 employees, gamigo is one of the largest German companies in the gaming industry.
gamigo offers more than 30 online games (MMOs), belonging to a variety of different genres. The game selection includes first-person shooters, fantasy RPGs, building-strategy games, mobile- and casual-games. Since the company’s founding in 2000, this diverse portfolio has been build-up through company acquisitions, purchasing of game licenses as well as worldwide publishing rights.
Besides its four German locations, the gamigo group also operates in Warsaw (Poland), Istanbul (Turkey), Seoul (South-Korea), New York, Redwood City, Austin and Bellevue (USA).