Video Game Animator
Gamigo US is seeking a 3D animator who will add life and personality to characters and creatures in our massive online games. The perfect candidate is experienced in key frame animation, understands weighting animations and knows how to properly work with animation curves. Be a key contributor of the animation production pipeline and bring a diverse range of character rigs to life for several exciting projects.
What you'll do:
- Create and implement high quality 3D animations for humans, animals, and creatures utilizing keyframe animation in Maya and other proprietary art tools.
- Utilize animation helpers and custom rigs to achieve advanced results.
- Understand relationships between rig, bones and control rig.
- Work with Engineering, Audio and Design to ensure animation meets technical and gameplay requirements.
- Undergo review stages of the animation and further polish process as requested.
- Attend team meetings with internal developers to communicate milestones, and project progression.
- Keep up to date on state-of-the-art methods, practices, and technologies especially focusing on animation developments for current and next gen.
- Other related duties as assigned
What you'll need:
- Minimum two-years of prior video game experience working in animation.
- Expert animating in the Maya environment. Knowledgeable in other animation related proprietary art tools such as 3dsmax.
- Strong traditional animation fundamentals and deep understanding of 3D Animation principles.
- Reel shows, strong understanding in weighted animations, timings, secondary motion and personality. Submission of an animation reel is a requirement.
- Knowledge of external tools such as JIRA and Perforce.
- An understanding of character creation (modeling, texturing, and rigging) is a plus.
- Some experience in cinematography, editing, and story board is a plus
What we offer:
- Gamigo is home to a diverse and dedicated team of game developers.
- Opportunities to acquire new skills within game development.
- Be a part of a fun and lively work environment in the heart of the Arboretum in Austin, Texas!
- We offer a full benefits package.
- Regular company team events!
Be a part of a growing international team and work in a friendly atmosphere with motivated colleagues.
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Schedule
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Professional Development Assistance
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
- Monday to Friday
Currently we are working remotely from home. We have implemented procedures and processes to ensure that our office space is safe to return for those that wish to work from the office.