Join the game!
A Leader in the development and publishing of mobile games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and with an audience of 113 million monthly users, offers via Gameloft Advertising Solutions a unique level of visibility and involvement to advertisers. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 5,700 people worldwide. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
Gameloft Australia is seeking a talented VFX Artist to join our team.
From the beginning of your journey with us you will:
- Report to the Art Lead for tasks, revisions, workflow, training and creative ideas.
- Create real-time art assets following an established style, palette and templating convention.
- Research, review and present proposals for new features and techniques.
- Testing and fixing your work in the build.
- Communicatie tasks updates to your lead, updating the status of your Jira tasks and committing files in a timely manner.
- Participate in art reviews and suggest creative ideas and solutions.
- Execute revisions on spec and on time.
- Playtest and be familiar with the game.
- Proactively communicate and coordinate tasks with your team members.
- Be punctual and attend stand-ups, sprint planning, team and art review meetings.
- Be a team player, be professional and always act in the best interest of the studio.
- You have exceptional problem solving, artistic and observation skills; you are passionate about creating and researching real-time VFXs and all things game related.
- You have strong animation, texture painting and lighting skills.
- You have in-depth knowledge of 2D/3D DCC applications (Photoshop, 3ds Max, After Effects, Etc).
- You have exceptional technical abilities, in depth understanding of a real-time VFX pipeline and are fluent in different game engines, VFX and scripting tools.
- You have excellent communication, customer service and organizational skills; you are proactive and capable of working under minimal supervision.
- You are professionally and personally driven: you boldly embrace change and are always willing to grow and learn new things.
- You are excited to work in a diverse and challenging work environment.
- You are able to work in large or small teams as well as work independently and take full ownership on your tasks.
- Degree/Diploma in Animation, VFX (real-time) or equivalent academic or professional experience.
- Previous professional experience as a VFX Artist int he gaming industry is preferred but not required.
Gameloft Benefits include:
- Smart/casual dress code so you can be comfortable every day
- Birthday leave – take the afternoon off, it’s your Birthday!
- Private health support – to help you take care of you.
- Subsidy for the gym, your sport of choice, or rock-climbing membership
- Daily snacks - fresh fruit, fresh bean coffee, breakfast cereals.
- Friday Beer O’Clock & drinks with friendly game tournaments
- A lunch room with pool table
- Superb roof-top terrace for lunch + BBQ for Studio parties and events
- Secure bike storage room and shower facilities
- Studio located just minutes from Howard Smith Wharves and river
- Studio Mascot - “Mr Hendricks” the lively Dachshund who protects our Studio
- Time off between Christmas and New Year’s Day to help you start the year on the right foot
- Vacancy referral program with generous bonuses
- Employee Assistance Program - because sometimes we need additional support
We can’t wait to find our next great talent!
- Please submit your CV, cover letter or portfolio (if applicable)
- Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted and your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months