Technical Audio Designer
Are You Looking for a Great Place to Work?
Join the Game!
Gameloft’s mission is to amaze the world, so everyone can enjoy a moment of happiness.
We have been proudly crafting games since 2000, two of which are featured in App Annie's “Top 10 iOS Games by All-Time Worldwide Downloads.” Talented Gameloft employees from all over the world have created established franchises, such as Asphalt®, Dragon Mania Legends, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter.
We put passion into every pixel of our games. It’s at the core of what we do every day, and major rights holders including Disney®, LEGO®, Universal, Mattel®, Lamborghini®, etc. recognize Gameloft’s creativity and trust us to produce awesome gaming experiences.
We are part of Vivendi—one of the world’s largest media groups—giving us the mana and resources to set our expectations high and aim for the very best.
All trademarks referenced above are owned by their respective trademark owners.
As a mid-level Technical Audio Designer, you will be responsible for the integration of sound effects, music and dialogue in our games. This will include simple sound-effect playback and advanced systemic audio design utilizing various middleware solutions. You will work on cutting-edge audio technology, expanding audio systems and integrating sound into gameplay to deliver exciting gaming experiences. You will be a part of a collaboration-oriented team where you will have the opportunity to contribute in meaningful ways by:
- Designing, implementing, and debugging audio systems for game development utilizing various engines and middleware options, such as Unreal, Unity and Wwise
- Bridging the gap between audio designers and programmers, facilitating communication and streamlining the overall audio development process on a day-to-day basis
- Collaborating with designers and programmers to develop systems/tools that will allow audio designers to further realize their audio vision
- Managing audio data budgets, Wwise session organization, Soundbank structure and loading as well as run-time audio optimizations
- Documenting audio systems and educating content creators in audio best practices
- Supporting content creators in their daily use of advanced technological tools inherent to the interactive audio production pipeline such as source control, audio production software and middleware by providing technical support and developing custom automation solutions to improve efficiency
- 3+ years’ experience as an Audio Designer or Technical Audio Designer within the games industry, with at least 1 complete cycle of a major shipped title
- Strong proficiency with audio middleware, namely audio systems design in Wwise
- Extensive experience with audio integration in game engines, including Unreal and Unity
- Experience in scripting for game engines and audio middleware, namely C# scripting in Unity and Blueprint Visual Scripting in Unreal
- Great communication skills and the ability to express complex concepts and ideas clearly
- Creative, technical thinker with a genuine enthusiasm for problem-solving and game development
- Ability to work efficiently and collaboratively on multiple projects with great attention to detail and a positive attitude
- Basic understanding of DSP and audio programming skills (ex.: Pure data, Max/MSP)
- Experience working with productivity tools such as SVN, Git and Jira
- Proficiency in UE Audio and/or Unity audio
- Experience with current and/or next-gen console game development
- Experience with mobile and/or web-based game development
- Experience with sound design, music and/or dialogue production
- A good understanding of one or more programming languages commonly used in game development such as C++, JSON, Lua or Python
Why Join the World of Gameloft?
- Because you want to be part of an exceptional experience within a company that is constantly growing!
- Because you want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers!
- Because you want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, just because you’re looking for a great place to work!
What We Offer
- Flexible schedule
- 3 weeks’ vacation and mobile days off, available as of your start date
- Time off between Christmas and New Year’s Day to help you start the year off on the right foot
- Group RRSP program with employer contributions
- Great group insurance program
- Free 24/7 access to a virtual medical clinic
- The Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Partial reimbursement of your commuting costs (for public transit and/or parking)
- Support for new employees relocating from countries or regions outside Quebec
- Referral program with bonuses
- Regular activities and prizes courtesy of our Social Committee
And at the studio itself:
- Secure bike storage room and a subsidy to encourage active transportation (during the summer)
- Daily snacks (fruit, coffee, etc.)
- Friday happy hours
- A game room
- A rooftop terrace
- Studio located near Jarry Park and the charming Mile-Ex and Little Italy neighbourhoods
- Fitness classes at the studio itself or at Jarry Park (e.g., yoga)
We want to get to know you!