(Closed) Senior (node.js) Back-End Developer
Are You Looking for a Great Place to Work?
Join the Game!
Leader in the development and publishing of mobile games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and with an audience of 140 million monthly users offers via Gameloft Advertising Solutions a unique level of visibility and involvement to advertisers. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 4,600 people worldwide. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
At Gameloft Montreal, you’ll be working with the world’s best game developers. Our studio has developed, and continues to develop, hit titles that include the Dungeon Hunter, Modern Combat and Gangstar series.
For this role you will be a part of FreshPlanet, a small gaming studio who recently joined Gameloft. FreshPlanet specialized in making high quality casual mobile games that mix social and pop culture elements. FreshPlanet is most famous for creating SongPop, the biggest music trivia game in the world with over 120 million players so far and winner of a BAFTA and Webby Award.
As a Senior Back-End Developer, you will be the pimary back-end developer for a brand-new, very ambitious project that will begin development soon. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
You will be working on a product that will be used by millions of gamers around the world. You will be working with cutting-edge technologies on a brand-new project, so there won’t be any legacy code to manage.
- Coding all of the back-end logic
- Defining the API with the front-end using GraphQL, ensuring optimal performance for a real-time game
- Ensuring that your code is easy to understand and maintain, and can be scaled to millions of users
- Working on a small, collaborative team of software engineers, designers and product managers in an Agile environment to understand requirements, estimate the level of effort, and plan out development tasks
- Working for short periods of time at our office in New York
- Expertise Node.js, Express, GraphQL
- Interacting with SQL databases
- Real-time app/game technologies, such as WebSocket and GraphQL subscriptions
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, Apollo Server, Mocha, TypeScript, Spanner
- Basic understanding of front-end technologies, especially React, is an asset
- Able to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient in Git, GitHub, and conducting code reviews using pull requests
- Experience in a web environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- 5+ years working with an app or a game that has attracted at least a few hundred thousand daily active users
- Extensive knowledge of, and experience building, highly scalable web and mobile apps
- Proficient with cloud service providers
Why Join the World of Gameloft?
- Because you want to be part of an exceptional experience within a company that is constantly growing!
- Because you want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers!
- Because you want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, just because you’re looking for a great place to work!
What We Offer
- Benefits befitting a company of our size
- Vacation and personal days off
- Public transportation allowances (partial reimbursement of OPUS card)
- A storage room for 80 bikes
- Daily snacks
- A game room
- A rooftop terrace
We want to get to know you!
Submit your application now.