Senior Game Designer
Gameloft’s greatest reward is making games millions of people enjoy all around the World.
Gameloft has been proudly crafting games since 2000 and have been downloaded over 5 billion times and counting. Despicable Me 2 and Asphalt 8 are in the top 10 most downloaded mobile games ever.
Talented Gameloft employees all over the world have created several of the most successful franchises in mobile game history, such as Asphalt®, Dragon Mania Legends, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter.
Gameloft's employees put passion into every pixel of their games which is why licenses like Disney®, LEGO®, Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel®, Lamborghini®, Ferrari® and LucasArts trust Gameloft to develop games for their highly prestigious brands.
Gameloft is a part of one of the world’s largest media groups, Vivendi, which gives them the mana and resources to set the highest expectations and aim for the very best.
At Gameloft Brisbane, we believe the keys to success are a great studio culture and finding a balance in everything we do, whether it's working with great people on exciting projects or enjoying the incredible lifestyle of Queensland Australia.
Since opening in 2014, Gameloft Brisbane has released Zombie Anarchy, Ballistic Baseball on Apple Arcade and the official successor to the original phenomenon, The Oregon Trail™ on Apple Arcade.
- We are committed to not only making high quality fun games, but commercially successful games as well.
- We develop AAA games for many different genres and platforms.
- We are close partners with the Unreal Engine team and Evangelists.
- We are always looking for ways to improve as an individual, team, studio and company.
- Diversity is Key - varying backgrounds, perspectives and viewpoints are critically important to being successful as a team.
As a Senior Game Designer, you will drive the creative design and technical implementation of a broad array of content and systems. You will have a passion for mobile gaming, proven experience in game design, a strong aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, outstanding people skills, and boundless creativity.
The immediate role is to drive the vision for our new IP game. This is an incredible opportunity to define, design and deliver a high-quality gaming experience to millions of players and engaged fans around the world.
You will work closely with our Game Manager and the rest of our design team to create innovative games for mobile platforms using well-known IPs from Gameloft and its partners as well as new IP creations.
- Champion the game pillars to the team and partners.
- Show great initiative and ownership of design aspects and the overall execution of the game vision.
- Design fun and immersive gameplay mechanics, systems and features to execute the game vision.
- Understand the speciﬁc considerations of designing for mobile, touch screen platforms and ensure best practices are communicated and adhered to in implementation of gameplay intentions & pillars, game-loops and accessibility.
- Document, script writing, level-design, data entry and game balancing.
- Work closely with the Game Manager, Lead Designer, and other Designers to define and improve the game’s vision and overall player experience.
- Clearly communicate progress to the design team including adherence to scope and direction of the overall title.
- Review deliverables (design documents, game builds) at speciﬁc milestones and be able to provide relevant & collaborative feedback to ensure the highest quality.
- Present and promote design solutions eﬀectively to peers and management.
- Engage in ideation processes under constraints (time, IP, game type).
- Produce clear and qualitative game pitches/presentations for new and existing IPs for a multi-disciplinary production team.
- Mentor and teach less experienced members of the design team.
- Considerable professional game design experience within an established studio – including release of multiple titles.
- Excellent verbal/written communication with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience and knowledge of live mobile game development, especially live operations.
- Ability to work on a technical level with all members of staff in all areas of expertise and drive the implementation of design ideas.
- A natural influence other related disciplines whilst actively sharing knowledge through peer mentoring, shared resources and informal teachings.
- Proactive, enthusiast team player comfortable working within a fast moving, multi- disciplinary team in a senior role.
- Passionate about games, design and technology - with a forward-thinking approach.
What Gameloft Brisbane can offer you:
- Opportunity to work for a global games company at an exciting time of digital
industry expansion in Australia!
- Unique creative and professional work culture that embraces diversity.
- Casual dress code – no more suits
- Positive, supportive and fun work team where your input is recognised.
- Private Health Insurance & gym/team sport subsidies
- Hybrid working model - 2 days per week WFH
- Monthly leave for professional/personal development
- Additional leave at Xmas Break & Birthday leave
- Flexibility around core Studio hours
- Employee assistance program - available for all employees.
- Friday afternoon Studio round up with drinks
- Gameloft’s Mascot - Mr Hendricks
- Secure bike storage and shower facilities
- Centrally located in Brisbane city with access to public transport
- Spectacular dedicated roof top terrace
- Commercial espresso machine – free quality coffee
- All day cereal breakfasts + free fruit & snacks
- Yoga groups organised throughout the year