Senior Game Designer
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
We are looking for an experienced senior game designer, who will develop game systems as well as progress and retention mechanics for our one of our freeto play mobile game.
- Detailed conceptualization and development of the game and the design documents
- Developing social mechanics and game modes to improve engagement and retention
- Developing gameplay systems
- Analyzing metrics and suggesting game adjustments based on those metrics
- Keeping all project documents up to date and regularly updating all facets of the game to maintain quality
- Maintaining a high level of communication and monitoring across the various departments
- Taking on a leadership role and maintaining close communication with those in charge of technical game design (TGD), programming, etc.
- Build a Designers team regarding the needs of the project
- Creating prototypes and exploring new game ideas
- Conducting R&D and market research, creating new game concepts, suggesting
- A minimum of 5 years' professional experience in game design (gameplay, 3Cs, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of the iOS/Android game market and Free to Play
- At least one free to play title published
- Diploma of college studies in one of the following: computer science, multimedia, graphic design, video games, or equivalent
- English-French bilingualism is an asset
- Experience with prototyping tools (Flash, Unity, Virtools, GameMaker, etc.)
- Considerable experience with multimedia software (Office, Adobe, Macromedia)
- Knowledge of 3ds Max, Maya, SketchUp or other 3D design software
Skills and Profile
- Proven leadership skills
- Ability to take on a leadership role while continuing to hold an operational role on the project
- Passion for video games and their history
- Good understanding of scripting and/or basic programming
- Ability to present one's ideas (verbally and in writing), professional attitude, and an ability to learn independently
- Ability to work under pressure and open to working overtime every now and then
- Open-minded, with a love of teamwork
- A big imagination!
Why Join the World of Gameloft?
- Because you want to be part of an exceptional experience within a company that is constantly growing!
- Because you want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers!
- Because you want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, just because you’re looking for a great place to work!
What We Offer
- Benefits befitting a company of our size
- Vacation and personal days off
- Public transportation allowances (partial reimbursement of OPUS card)
- A storage room for 80 bikes
- Daily snacks
- A game room
- A rooftop terrace
We want to get to know you!
Are You Looking for a Great Place to Work?
Join the Game!
Leader in the development and publishing of mobile games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and with an audience of 140 million monthly users offers via Gameloft Advertising Solutions a unique level of visibility and involvement to advertisers. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 4,600 people worldwide. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
At Gameloft Montreal, you’ll be working with the world’s best game developers. Our studio has developed, and continues to develop, hit titles that include the Dungeon Hunter , Modern Combat and Gangstar series.