(Closed) Online DevOps & Infrastructure Specialist
Are You Looking for a Great Place to Work?
Join the Game!
Leader in the development and publishing of mobile games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and with an audience of 140 million monthly users offers via Gameloft Advertising Solutions a unique level of visibility and involvement to advertisers. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 4,600 people worldwide. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
At Gameloft Montreal, you’ll be working with the world’s best game developers. Our studio has developed, and continues to develop, hit titles that include the Dungeon Hunter, Modern Combat and Gangstar series.
Are you a system administrator who believes that automation is the key to success and to eliminating recurrent and heavy operational tasks?
Are you a developer who is passionate about the infrastructure components that run and support your applications?
If so, this position is definitely for you!
As a DevOps Specialist within Gameloft's Online Gaming Infrastructure department, you will be responsible for improving and developing multiple systems and tools to manage and monitor the infrastructure used by several departments.
- Participating in the design and implementation of the automation systems and workflows to monitor and facilitate the use and deployment of our infrastructures (Kubernetes on-premises and cloud)
- Developing and providing automation tools to different teams within different disciplines
- Creating and maintaining documentation related to the tools and solutions provided
- Educating and supporting coworkers with regard to the design, development, and operation of applications on the platform
- Suggesting enhancements regarding the security, performance and growth of existing environments
- Working with the infrastructure team to find innovative solutions
- Supporting day-to-day operations (possibility of being on call later on)
- Minimum 3 years of experience working as a Developer or Systems Administrator in a Linux environment (Red Hat or Debian)
- Minimum 3 years of experience with source-control and CI/CD software (such as Jenkins and GitLab)
- Minimum 2 years of experience with external cloud providers; experience with AWS Cloud services such as EC2, S3, EKS, CloudFront, CloudWatch, Lambda, RDS, Route 53, and ELB is an asset
- Minimum 1 year of experience using Docker and container orchestrators such as Kubernetes or Apache Mesos
- Minimum 2 years of experience with at least one of these configuration-management tools Ansible, Puppet or Chef
- Experience using Terraform (infrastructure tool)
- Minimum 4 years of experience with object-oriented programming (Python and Go)
- Basic understanding of architecture in a public cloud environment
- Experience working with service-oriented architecture APIs and SDKs
- Experience with several types of SQL and NoSQL databases (for example MySQL, PostgreSQL, Couchbase, MongoDB, etc.)
- Experience with monitoring and analytics, such as Elasticsearch, Grafana, Prometheus, Kibana, Loki, Jaeger
- Autonomy and ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Able to work on multiple projects and tasks while managing priorities and respecting delivery deadlines
- Good communication skills and capacity/willingness to work with coworkers outside of their immediate team or at a different studio location
- Organization skills and attention to detail
- Fluent in English; French is a definite asset
- Excellent grasp of unit testing (including methods based on test-driven development)
- Strong knowledge of scalable, distributed systems
- Experience with microservices development
- Experience working with Agile methodologies
- Cloud certification (such as AWS Certified Solutions Architect or AWS DevOps Engineer)
- Kubernetes certification (such as CKA or CKAD)
- Strong sense of humour and cheese-lover
Why Join the World of Gameloft?
- Because you want to be part of an exceptional experience within a company that is constantly growing!
- Because you want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers!
- Because you want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, just because you’re looking for a great place to work!
What We Offer
- Benefits befitting a company of our size
- Vacation and personal days off
- Public transportation allowances (partial reimbursement of OPUS card)
- A storage room for 80 bikes
- Daily snacks
- A game room
- A rooftop terrace
We want to get to know you!