Marketing 2D artist
Leader in the development and publishing of mobile games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and with an audience of 140 million monthly users offers via Gameloft Advertising Solutions a unique level of visibility and involvement to advertisers. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 4,600 people worldwide. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
At Gameloft Montreal, you’ll be working with the world’s best game developers. Our studio has developed, and continues to develop, hit titles that include the Dungeon Hunter, Modern Combat and Gangstar series.
As a member of the Gameloft Creative Agency, the Marketing 2D Artist will report to the Creative Agency Lead while meeting the needs of the Marketing and User Acquisition teams to create engaging 2D content specifically designed for different performance channels, such as Facebook and Instagram, as well as creating game-specific assets, such as logos, game icons, storyboards, key art and website designs. You’ll be producing ad creatives for a variety of titles, each with its own unique visual and communication style, while always keeping in mind that the ultimate goal is to engage users and drive their direct response to generate game downloads.
The ideal candidate will produce high-quality 2D Creatives and will take full ownership of their tasks, including but not limited to:
- Creating, retouching, staging and polishing 2D/3D pack art and marketing assets following an established style, palette and template convention
- Reinforcing the atmosphere and visual impact of the packaging
- Processing already-created assets and producing a wide range of formats with different specifications (resizes, re-layouts, localizations)
- Creating brand guidelines for upcoming games
- reating concept illustrations (characters and environment) from early game concepts with limited visual guidelines
VIDEO and MOTION DESIGN:
- basic video edits and motion animations
- Working on multiple tasks with overlapping deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Participating in creative meetings and suggesting creative ideas and solutions
- Learning and applying artistic/IP/licensing guidelines
- Executing clients' (licensor/lead/supervisor) revisions on time and according to specifications
- Reporting to the Creative Agency Lead for tasks, revisions, workflow, training and creative ideas
- Advanced skills in layout and graphic design
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of illustration (character and environment) and ability to adapt to other illustrators' styles when necessary
- Experience with Adobe applications: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects
- Fundamental understanding of motion design
- Ability to independently follow a creative brief through the full production cycle, from asset preparation to final delivery
- Good artistic sensibilities and great attention to detail
- Have a growth mindset and always be open to learning new best practices
- Self-motivated with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated, proactive, organized and independent
- A passion for gaming and a willingness to learn about game-engine content manipulation
- Knowledge of UA and marketing practices
- Up-to-date portfolio
- Motion-design experience, sense of composition and rhythm, good fundamental understanding of video editing and pacing
- Knowledge of 3D applications and workflows (3ds Max, Blender, Unity or other game engines)
- Previous experience with video advertisements in digital/mobile/game development
Why Join the World of Gameloft?
- Because you want to be part of an exceptional experience within a company that is constantly growing!
- Because you want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers!
- Because you want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, just because you’re looking for a great place to work!
What We Offer
- Benefits befitting a company of our size
- Vacation and personal days off
- Public transportation allowances (partial reimbursement of OPUS card)
- A storage room for 80 bikes
- Daily snacks
- A game room
- A rooftop terrace
We want to get to know you!
Submit your application now.
In order for us to consider your application, we will need your portfolio or samples of your work (demos, animations, images, websites, etc.). Please indicate the address of your website and portfolio if you have one.