Lead Game Designer
A leading publisher of digital and social games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000.
Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and is present on all continents, distributing its games across 100 countries and employing over 6,000 employees.
As Lead Designer at Gameloft Australia based in Brisbane, you’ll be working with a diverse team of highly specialised and experienced game creatives and developers.
- Actively work as part of a team, collaborating with all disciplines to gather input to craft the best concepts and realise compelling gameplay experiences
- Ideate and champion a vision bringing clarity to the teams as to what the goals are and why
- Craft design documentation for presentation to both internal and external stakeholders
- Thrive in an environment that values rapid prototyping and pitching, you will be generating ideas while recognising that great ideas can come from anyone, with a professional maturity to let go of the ideas that don't make it
- Bring hands on experience to the role and not shy away from getting stuck in, to craft prototypes and refine gameplay experiences, getting to the essence of why a mechanic is fun and memorable
- Embody an agile mindset, understanding the need for iterative design and being adept at breaking down high level design concepts into achievable goals based on core value
- A seasoned game designer; with 6+ years shipping titles in design roles, with at least one in a lead position across multiple platforms
- A natural mentor; you can motivate and support other designers, guiding them towards success
- A leader, capable of growing and managing a creative group of people in a dynamic environment
- A strong communicator; your verbal and written communications are precise and unambiguous; your best work comes from collaboration and you believe that excellence comes from dynamic communication throughout the design process
- A design virtuoso; you concisely articulate and envision game concepts, analysing and ruminating mechanics with balance; you’re fluent in prevalent game systems and mechanics but have the critical thinking skills to know when it's time to try something novel
- A gamer; you are passionate about games with a wide breadth of game knowledge that you've enjoyed, and you easily identify and explain a game's strengths and weaknesses.
Previous tech skill knowledge in JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins, App store build / approval processes and QA processes.